the tommy interlude

Eleven days ago.

"Is this thing on?"

Tommy prodded at the camera until it came into focus, showing him in a plane at the window seat. He had a small smile on and was squirming in his seat excitedly. "November 2, 2068. US Vlog, the prelude!" he said, hushed, keeping his voice low so the other passengers wouldn't hear. A brown-haired boy with blue eyes poked his face into the camera view just to be shoved away by Tommy obnoxiously.

"Move, Tubbo, this is my vlog!"

"This is our vlog, you snob!"Tubbo snaps back, shoving him away again so that Tommy was pressed against the windows. Tommy let out a growl and snatched the camera from Tubbo's hands.

"We're on our way to the US right now," he told the camera. "Probably not the best time with all the villain attacks, but Tubbo really wanted to go, so I went with him. We're gonna meet a ton of heroes, ladies and gents, lots and lots of heroes!" He grinned toothily, and Tubbo moved the camera to face him.

"Wilbur Soot! Dream! Philza! Tune in for the rest of the video to see them!" Tommy smirked and gave a peace sign before ending the recording. He tucked the camera into his backpack and pressed his hands to the window, looking outside. "Eleven-hour flight, here we go," he mumbled under his breath. Tubbo leaned his head against the plane seat and closed his eyes, sighing deeply.

"On the bright side, we can watch movies," he hummed. "Let's watch Alvin and the Chipmunks,"

"Again?" Tommy groaned, but leaned into his friend's side regardless and watched as Tubbo started playing the movie on the screen before them.

———

"Here's our hotel room," Tommy said, panning the camera to view the entire room. It was pretty standard- two beds with pristine white sheets, the walls painted light beige, three or four lamps with more lights in the ceilings... one wall was an entire window, there were a bathroom and kitchen and a big TV on the wall right in front of the two beds. Tubbo sat on one of the beds cross-legged, hugging a bee plushie close to his chest and beaming at the camera awkwardly.

"The bed is comfy," he commented.

"My dad is in the room right next to ours, don't worry guys. We didn't come here alone! We'll probably be with heroes a lot of the time, though," Tommy winked at the camera before striding over the windows, showing the city view. It was nighttime and the moon was in the first quarter and was half-covered by grey clouds. The lights from all the buildings and street lights glittered in the dark. "Tomorrow, we go to Hollywood... and we have a special guest coming with us! But right now, Tubbo's a bitch and he's tired from the flight, so we're gonna go to sleep. Goodnight!" The recording ended, and Tommy turned to Tubbo with a smirk. "We're totally not gonna sleep right now."

"We totally are," Tubbo refuted, already rummaging through his luggage for sleepwear. "I'm too tired to watch another movie, we watched tons on the flight,"

Tommy frowned and sat on his own bed. To tell the truth, he was also a little tired. "Yeah, I guess, we need to save up our energy for tomorrow!" he grinned, looking back to the windows at the night sky. "I can't wait to meet Wilbur!"

———

The three of them strolled down Hollywood Boulevard, talking rapidly. Tubbo handled the camera and filmed as they talked. Wilbur was wearing his glasses and occasionally stopped to wave at fans. Of course, neither Tommy nor Tubbo went unrecognized either with the size of their YouTube and Twitch channels. The trio was followed by a crowd of fans with every step. Tubbo panned the camera to show the fans behind them, and a few of them began squealing and waving to the lens.
"We're famous!" he snickered and blew kisses at his fans, who tried to catch them wildly. Wilbur stopped to sign some autographs, so Tommy did too. Tubbo moved the camera to view the street and grinned. Shiny stars decorated the sidewalk in front of them with names engraved in them and the path continued for many blocks. "Guys, look, the Walk of Fame..."