arc four: part three

The heroes stumble around in the room, trying to find a lightswitch as Jschlatt lets out an audible sigh

The heroes stumble around in the room, trying to find a lightswitch as Jschlatt lets out an audible sigh. "Cool, we're fucked." The man concluded.

"Nah, we got this. Don't we, Slime?" Cscoop cut him off with a smirk lacing his lips, starting to use his quirk as Slimecicle does as well, a small green glow emitting in the middle of the room. Skeppy lets out a sigh of relief, the other heroes doing the same thing before they all look at each other.

"Oh! A power outage!" Traves says with a grin, gaining nothing but a facepalm from the ravenette across the room.

"Right, okay, so are we just gonna stand here or investigate what caused this outage?" Wilbur spoke, venom lacing his words as he started carefully making his way to the door. Opening it, they were all met with the same sight. Pitch black darkness, scary to some but not to the British man. In fact, he seemed annoyed, as he turned his head back to the others.

"Hey, Cooper, Slime, can you make more of that green thing so we can actually see more?" The duo looks at each other confusedly, only to abide as they nod their head and work their magic. The radiance from the substance would allow them to see a bit more, a few more meters or so. This made Wilbur let out a small chuckle of amusement, his gaze now at the two. "Alright, both of you are coming with me. I'll go investigate this, anyone else wanna come?"

All of them stay silent before starting to make their way out of the doorway, Wilbur leading them as they follow. Skeppy however, wasn't much of a fan, he was the number two hero for fuck's sake. He might just dethrone Ted soon, so he was supposed to be taking the role of leader. He picks up his pace and shoves past the brit, trying to find the electrical room.

"Was it on the bottom floor or..." Philza asks, scanning their surroundings. It probably was- it made the most sense, so Skeppy started walking down the stairs.

———

The door creaks wide open, the entire room barely lit up by the green glow. Even though they could see through the darkness, it was like an entire shock going up against their body. It's like the rational part of them was switched off, disabled.

"Oh, yikes," Dream mutters, his eyes on the smashed fuse box. It seemed like someone let out their anger on it, smashed to nothing but a thousand pieces, which laid on the floor. Wilbur inches towards it, inspecting the pieces along with the fusebox. He squints, picking up a very small detail.

"A feather," the brunette breathes out, picking it up as he observes it. "It seemed some electrical sparks from the fusebox set half of this feather on fire, causing the sabotager to drop it in a panic and try to put it out..." Wilbur concludes, standing up as he fixes his posture before turning to the others. "This feather might just be a clue." He says proudly, grinning. Skeppy takes out his phone, dialling a number to get some electricians to fix the broken fusebox.

"You think we should get everyone else out of the building or...?" Phil pipes up, chuckling nervously.

"No, the electricians are on their way to fix this. It'll be done in no time, no problemo," Skeppy said in an uninterested tone, only to let out a sigh afterward as he puts a hand on his forehead, letting out a small groan.