arc four: part one

———

———

"Dream takes Slimecicle's position as #8 and is still rapidly rising through the ranks."

———

"He did?"
Slimecicle nodded, arms crossed and leaned back against the wall of the small coffee shop. Cscoop sighed from beside him, hands tucked in his hoodie pockets and glaring down at the ground like a child. Traves turned to the cashier, who seemed to have just noticed who they were and was staring at them shell-shocked, eyes wide.

"One small black coffee, one medium macchiato, and one medium strawberry latte with matcha whipped cream, please," Traves ordered, taking out his wallet and picking out a twenty-dollar bill. Cscoop found a seat next to the window and let out another sigh, face curled in a frown, resembling a brooding cat. Slimecicle sat down beside him, pulling out his phone and scrolling through his Twitter feed. Traves sat down across from them, drumming his fingers on the table and looking out the windows. Despite the streets being busy, the coffee shop was empty save for the three top ten heroes at the table. He didn't know why- this was, in his opinion, the best coffee shop in the city. He wasn't complaining- it was nice to have some peace once in a while.

"It's weird though," Slimecicle pondered, putting down his phone. "Dream seemed fine in all those press photos, no bruises or anything,"

"Deo just sucked ass then," Cscoop laughed bitterly. Slimecicle shook his head, resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

"No way, that's impossible. He's beaten Diamond heroes."

"Diamond heroes suck ass too. There's no use complaining now, Dream beat us fair and square," Cscoop countered. A waiter came to their table and handed them their drinks before hurrying away, face flushed. Traves sipped on his drink with a curly straw, letting out a satisfied hum. Slimecicle noticed this and jabbed a finger in his direction.

"He'll beat you too, Traves," he said with a resigned smile. "Make your predictions now- I think he'll stop at five."

Cscoop took a big gulp of his coffee and slammed his hand on the table, making Traves and Slimecicle jump. "Bullshit. Higher than that- I'm calling three," he slurred with a lazy smirk across his face.

Traves chuckled, taking another sip of his latte. "Well, now that NOLIFE's gone, we can focus on Technoblade. He's been rather quiet since his fight with Eighty, hasn't he?" he commented. His two friends nodded grimly. Slimecicle sipped on his macchiato before responding, peering out the window thoughtfully.

"Probably planning something," he mused.

"Definitely planning something," Cscoop added, gulping down another mouthful of his black coffee. Traves nodded reluctantly. It was the more probable option, as much as he didn't want to admit it. How many people would die this time? He needed to be ready to lessen the casualties and save the civilians.
He couldn't help but think about Dream. Traves knew that the older man was getting more handy with his quirk. Of course, he always was a prodigy. After all, he rose to #10 in just a year, but something... changed. Traves noticed how he was able to defeat high-class villains in a snap now. He's seen the man in action- Dream was like a wildcat, agile and ruthless in battle. From what Traves has seen, Dream's brain could keep up with his body in battle. He knew what tactics to use and he knew how to use them well. He would never say this to his friend's face, but it was only a matter of time before Dream passed Cscoop anyway.