Chapter 6: Pain

"You're sick of feeling numb; you're not the only one; I'll take you by the hand; and I'll show you a world you can understand."

"This life is filled with hurt; when happiness doesn't work; trust me and take my hand; when the lights go out you will understand."

~Kyle's POV~

Being in even more pain than I was before, I made my way to the cafeteria. I was in the shower for about fifteen minutes into the lunch period, and each period is an hour long. I held my textbooks tightly against my chest because I felt so sick. Applying pressure to my stomach somehow made it feel less queasy.

Stan, Kenny, and Cartman were sitting at a table with their lunches. Cartman started bringing his own lunch to school since he began his diet. I'm honestly so proud of him for sticking to his diet. Going to a fat camp that one time at Hopeful Hills obviously didn't go too well for him. The shit he did was so corrupt that he was banned from ever going there again by the staff.

I took a seat next to Cartman without bothering to get lunch. Everything was probably gone anyway. Cartman pulled me in for a bear hug. "Duuuude, where've you been?" he asked with a hint of sarcasm. I groaned and rested my head on the table. I'm just so tired.

"Why don't you get some lunch, Kyle?" Kenny asked, playing with my fingers as they rested beside me on the tabletop. I yanked my arm away from him and let it dangle underneath the table.

"Dude...talk to us. What's the matter?" Stan asked me. I looked up at him again and shook my head. "Nothing. Just really tired and weak right now." I answered, part of it being a lie. His attention was turned to my cheek. Forgetting that it was bruised, I had showered and ended up washing the concealer off. Fuck!

I covered my cheek with my hand and looked down again. Cartman and Kenny noticed the bruise too. Cartman jerked my head to where I was facing him now. "I didn't fuck you up that bad, did I Jew?" He asked with a hint of concern in his tone. I shook my head and brushed his hand away.

"No, fatass. You didn't." I said bluntly.

"Then...who did this?" Kenny wondered. He leaned in closer to inspect the bruise again.

"N-no one. I just fell, guys." I lied. Cartman was the only one who didn't kind of believe me. Everyone else shrugged it off, believing that Sam wouldn't do this to me. But Cartman can see right through me. You can't bullshit a bullshitter.

When Stan and Kenny got up to use the bathroom, Cartman looked at me with hate in his eyes.

"I'm going to kill him, Kyle." He muttered. "I'm going to fucking kill him." Cartman was seething in rage. He looked ready to decapitate someone. I don't think I'd stop him if he was serious about killing Sam, but I have my morals. I need to calm him down and convince him everything's fine. Even though everything is the furthest thing from fine.

"No no Cartman! I'm telling you everything's okay!"

"He's dead, Kyle! I'm gonna fucking get him!" He yelled, now getting louder.

"Shut up asshole! I'm telling you everything's fine! He didn't hurt me! I fucking fell okay!? I promise!"

Cartman looked at me and leaned in really close. His face softened a bit when he did this. "I want you to promise me that he didn't touch you." He requested gently. "Because if he did, he's dead. You know I will kill someone, Kyle. I may not have done it directly, but you remember Scott Tenorman? His parents are dead because of me. I can get someone killed." He ranted.

"Yeah yeah I get it Cartman. I promise you, everything's fine." I said sincerely yet untruthfully. Cartman gave me the look of disbelief, but he decided to let it go.

"I don't fully believe you Kahl, but I'll drop it. In the meantime, you're coming to my place after school today with Stan and Kenny."

I looked at him again. "What the hell for? I might have homework."

Cartman laughed at my statement. "Homework on the first day of school? Oh my sweet, naive Kahl." He commented.

"Well yeah, I am in AP classes you know."

"Yeah because you're a nerdy Jew."

"Yeah? So the fuck what?"

"Nerdy Jew, nerdy Jew." Cartman chanted. "And we're having a small party. Just the four of us plus a few friends. Gonna drink some liquor, play video games, dumb shit like that. You in?"

I sighed, letting out what was left of my rage. "Yeah. I'm in."

"Good." Cartman said with a smile. I smiled back slightly and gazed into his eyes.

He suddenly looked away. "Stop looking at me before you turn me into a fag." He yelled.

Just as I was about to freak out on him, he quieted me down by handing me a sandwich. "Here, eat this and don't talk." He commanded. I looked at the sandwich and noticed there was meat on it.

Cartman rolled his eyes. "Don't get your Jew panties in a bunch, Kahl. It's turkey. Now eat."

I took the sandwich from him and started gobbling it down. I felt so sick yet so hungry at the same time. Cartman watched me and forced me to slow down. "Slow the fuck down, asshole. I know it's good but god damn. Relax!" He told me.

I did as he said and finished the sandwich slowly. Stan and Kyle finally came back from the bathroom. Cartman scoffed at them. "The fuck took you so long? Blowing each other through a hole in the wall?" Cartman sneered.

"Yes." Kenny said, probably joking. Hopefully joking.

Cartman chuckled and proceeded to call them fags as I finished the sandwich and gave Cartman a genuine smile. "Thanks for the sandwich. I was starving." I told him.

Cartman sort of smiled, but lightly punched my shoulder. "Whatever, Jew." He said back.

"I know (I know, I know, I know, I know); that you're wounded; (you know, you know, you know, you know);  that I'm here to save you."

"(You know, you know, you know, you know); I'm always here for you; (I know, I know, I know, I know); that you'll thank me later."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~