[2] : THE BROOM INCIDENT

"Are you wankers?! I was dead worried you git! And come to think of it, I had to hear all this from a ghost! A ghost! That you were a git and decided to jump on a broom and fly while Madam Hooch was not there!" Astrid yelled at lunch, her face was red with rage as she slapped Draco behind the head. The blonde just rubbed his head, putting a tart in his mouth. "You could have fell and broken at least something in your body! How do you think I would've explained that to aunt Cissy? Or uncle Lucius? You are so narcissistic!"

"He's not just wankers." Oliver shook his head. "He's also not very friendly, vile and evil."

"And a Pure-Blood." Draco mumbled, stuffing more tarts in his mouth. Astrid slapped his hand and the tart fell out his hand. He glared at her. "You might be family Astrid, but you don't control me. And you certainly don't boss me."

Astrid ran a hand through her dark, onyx hair before glaring at Draco. "I don't have time for such shit okay? I have Defense after this and after that double Potions. If you want Harry and his band of friends to see you as a vile, blood hungry, evil Pure-Blood, narcissistic piece of shit, be my guest. But I'm going to apologize for your stupidity, because not all Pure-Blood families are narcissistic pieces of shit and because Harry is my family too."

Oliver and Cedric were about to question her but Draco spoke before they could. "Do what will please you Trissy, go to that Half-Blood idiot. Apologize to him, behave like a git. Just remember who saved you the first time."

Astrid stood up. "And you." She snarled, picking her pumpkin juice up from the table. "Remember who threw me out." She splashed her pumpkin juice in his face and marched off. Oliver and Cedric trailed after her, one telling the other to ask about what she meant when she said Harry was her family.

"Why me?!" Oliver hissed, checking to see if the fuming Astrid heard them. Luckily, she was too angry to even hear what other students were saying as she marched in the direction of the Defense class.

"Because you both love Quidditch like I love Herbology." He said, also glancing at Astrid. "Just do it."

"Fine, you owe me lot." Oliver mumbled, shoving him him roughly before sprinting to catch up with the still fuming Astrid. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Don't mind me." She sighed. "I just wish Draco was different you know. I was worried sick and all he has to say is “bleh, I'm a Pure-Blood and Pure-Blood's never take responsibility.” I just wish he was different."

"We all wish for something, and maybe one day, hopefully, it will all come true." Cedric said, swinging his arm over Astrid.

"You're a poet now, didn't know that." Astrid laughed when Cedric pouted. "See you later Ced." She waved at the boy as he began walking to Herbology.

"Astrid, there's something I'd like to ask." Oliver gulped, suddenly feeling very nervous. He knew Astrid was an open person, she told them everything that bothered her, everything about her life. At least that's what Oliver thought. "What did you mean back there? When you said Harry was your family too?"

Oliver watched as her dark eyes went wide. "Nothing, absolutely nothing. My father was friends with Harry's father." She nervously chuckled before dragging him, telling him that they needed to walk faster to the Defense class.

"I'm not in your class Astrid." Oliver said when they stopped in front of the class. As if she just remembered, Astrid blushed a bright red and disappeared behind the door.

*

Cedric, Astrid and Oliver were on the Quidditch Pitch, eating a few cookies before they could zoom in the sky. The boys didn't bother Astrid about what happened at lunch anymore, they decided to just let her be.