[39] : THE BIG QUESTION

Astrid ached to ask Remus about this Ophelia character. After all, Dumbledore said she was the most closest to him. And she was itching to know why Ophelia's dreams drove her to kill herself. Was her dreams just as bad as Astrid's? And was Astrid going to kill herself just like Ophelia?

"I can't believe your plus one is him." Remus growled angrily at the girl but she only shrugged.

"Dumbledore said I should try to make friends with him, besides you said it yourself uncle Remus, you don't like or dislike the man, so as the muggles say, chill." She said, checking her hair before turning back to her uncle. "Plus, he seemed more than willing to join us."

"I don't like it however Ella." Remus argued struggling to adjust his tie and Astrid rolled her eyes at him.

"Hence why you should tell Tonks that you like her." She hummed, helping him before turning back to her hair. "I feel the same way as you towards Severus uncle Remus but it's just that there's something I really want to ask him. I know you won't answer me, but I know Severus will."

"About what? Whatever you want to ask him, you can ask me. What does he know that I don't?"

"Probably that chocolate does not solve every problem." Astrid shrugged. "But since you really want to prove something, though I haven't an idea as to why you'd do that, then tell me, who was Ophelia Lourdes and why did her dreams eventually become the death of her?"

Astrid didn't know what'd she said that was wrong. Remus had dropped his hair brush and it landed on the wooden floors with a dull thud. "Who told you about her?"

"Dumbledore."

"Ophelia Lourdes is none of your business. Dumbledore had absolutely no right to tell you of her. We will not talk about her, don't mention her at all, don't even utter her name. Are we clear Ell?" Remus said, voice rising in anger and it took Astrid aback. "Don't ask Severus about her either. He too has no authority to tell you about her." Now Astrid had to ask Snape about Ophelia.

"Yes uncle Remus." Astrid softly said, picking up his brush and handing it back to him.

"We're going to run late."

"I'll be back in a jiffy." Astrid replied, heading back to her room to grab her coat and wand. Now how was she going to ask Snape about Ophelia?

*

"Oh lighten up Severus, that was an actual joke." Astrid poked her plus one. She regretted bringing him with now, she hadn't gotten the perfect opportunity to ask him about Ophelia and he didn't even laugh at Nymphadora's joke.

"I don't have time for jokes." He grunted.

"Tell me then, why'd you agree? So that you won't have to sit in your depressing house and eat dinner all by yourself?" Astrid raised a brow at him and smirked when he narrowed his eyes at her.

"If you didn't want me here, why did you ask me?"

"Because Dumbledore said I should make like a man and be all buddy buddy with you." Astrid shrugged. "Now tell me why'd you agree."

"I only agreed because I actually have something to ask you." Astrid almost cried in relief, and she nearly jumped out her seat to dance. That's how happy she was that she was going to get an opportunity to ask him about Ophelia Lourdes.

"Oh, I thought it was about aunt Cissy and that killer Bellatrix paying you a visit."

Snape's eyes went wide and he dropped his fork. It landed with a loud clink against the white, ceramic plate and he stared at Astrid. "How did you know about that?"

"I had a dream." Came Astrid's reply as though it was completely normal for her to dream about stuff like these, but then again, maybe this was her normal from now. Living with dreams and eventually killing herself like Ophelia did.

"What did you see? What did you hear?"

"I saw you, aunt Cissy, that bitch Bellatrix and uncle Peter. The odd thing is, I only heard three words." She shrugged again.

"They were?"

"The Dark Lord." Astrid saw Snape release a sigh of relief, and he relaxed. "What did you want to ask me?"

"Not now, or here." He replied, picking up his fork to eat again. Astrid sighed as she looked around the table. Molly's hair was straightened today, something Astrid noted that might have suited her when she was younger, now it didn't suite her. Arthur was laughing at something Fred told him, George looking displeased. Astrid guessed George told Fred and Fred decided to pass it off as his own. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Luna were talking amongst themselves, occasionally looking at Astrid to see if she was still alive. Her uncle Remus and Nymphadora were talking to each other, Nymphadora occasionally slapping him lightly on the shoulder. Leo and Colette however, both looked as though they found out that someone they loved had just dramatically dropped down dead.

"When? Cause I too have something to ask you." Astrid said, though softly, fearing Remus would hear her. Thankfully, Nymphadora was the perfect distraction.

"I'm going to announce my leave, follow me shortly after that. Make up a story about having a headache or not feeling well." Snape said, finishing his meat off. He didn't give Astrid the chance to reply whatsoever. "I'm leaving, thank you for the lovely dinner Molly." And just like that, without waiting for Molly's reply, Snape marched off.

Astrid's heart suddenly sped up as she watched him leave. She had to plan this well, if she left exactly five minutes after him, it would be extremely suspicious. So she settled on three. Thankfully, she didn't even need to plan anything, as Colette announced that she was leaving and Astrid offered to walk her out. Astrid was grateful nobody looked at her suspiciously. She found Snape at the back of the house and she was suddenly praying that he won't murder her.

"I have to ask you something Astrid, something that only we can do." Fear struck her heart. What was he talking about?

"Can that wait? I really need to ask you before uncle Remus comes out." Snape nodded. "Why did Ophelia Lourdes kill herself? Why was she so important to my dad and uncle Remus?"

Snape's eyes softened a little. "I didn't know Ophelia that well but she was Remus' best friend and she fancied your father. I don't know why Ophelia killed herself, was it because of your father and Remus' brief relationship or Lily ignoring her for no reason, I really haven't an idea."

Astrid sighed, completely disappointed, though she wanted to ask her uncle Remus why hadn't he told her that he once had dated her father. "Oh, now what was this super important thing?"

"With Lucius being in Azkaban, Draco was made a Death Eater to punish him. He was given the task to kill Dumbledore, now Astrid, what I'm about to ask will be a lot but please, think of your cousin Draco." Snape took a deep breath in. "Are you willing to become a Death Eater to save Draco?"

"Huh?"