[27] : THE END OF CEDRIC DIGGORY

"My little star?" Was the first thing Astrid heard when she woke up with Oliver by her side. He ended up staying the entire month, but Astrid didn't mind. Oliver had been to hold her, to tell her everything would be okay even though she knew it was a fib, it still kept her alive.

"Remember, don't get angry while you talk to him. He has his reasons, just listen to him. Please." Oliver begged when they slipped their clothes on. Astrid sighed and looked at him. She wasn't really angry at Sirius, she was just sad and disappointed that he didn't tell her who her real parents were, that he didn't tell them they still were alive. She heard more shuffling of feet, and she guessed Mia and Colette were here, but when they got downstairs, they were greeted with two familiar faces and two unfamiliar ones. She wondered who they could they be.

"Miss Black, Mr Wood." Dumbledore greeted them as they took a seat. Astrid swallowed nervously, this can't be good. Both Dumbledore and McGonagall were here, this can't be good news. "It pains me greatly to have to deliver this news to you on such a lovely morning." And the morning was lovely, the birds were chirping and the sun was out, however it wasn't that bright. "I'm sure you heard that the Tournament ended yesterday, but I am sure you didn't hear that Mr Potter was almost killed by Barty Crouch Jr who was pretending to be Alastor Moody."

"Is he okay?" Astrid asked. "Is Cedric still alive?" She asked with a grave voice and McGonagall blinked, not expecting the question from Astrid. "Please tell me he's okay."

"Astrid...." She heard Sirius say and he shook his head.

"Mr Diggory was murdered." McGonagall whispered. "Mr Potter says that the Dark Lord himself murdered him. He said he's back."

Time seemed to stop for Astrid as she sucked in a sharp breath. She saw this coming, why didn't she do anything about it? Why didn't she stop Cedric? Oliver was hugging her close, his own eyes filled to the brim with unshed tears. Cedric was their best friend and he hoped that he would at least live, since Astrid no longer got the dreams of him dying.

"I knew this was coming Oliver." Astrid sobbed in the nook of his neck and she sniffed. "But I did nothing about it."

"There was nothing you could do Astrid, don't beat yourself up for it." Oliver said, blinking his tears back. He had to be strong for Astrid. He didn't let go of her even when the two strangers glared at him, even when Sirius looked as though he was going to hex him into oblivion, he still clutched her close. Because they didn't just loose a friend, they lost a brother.

*

His funeral was gloomy, big too. The entire school was mourning the loss of a kind, brave and good boy. Even those who didn't know him that well were crying, even Fleur and Viktor were here. Astrid couldn't actually pay attention, she refused to believe that he was really gone. She felt as though she was in a terrible nightmare, she was sure she was in a nightmare. She was sure she would wake up and Oliver would be there to comfort her, to tell her everything would be okay. But it wasn't. It was as real as the blood pumping through her veins, as real as the tears flowing freely down her pale cheeks. Astrid lost not only a friend, she lost a brother, a protector, a savior. Cedric Diggory was more than just the boy who beat Harry Potter at Quidditch, no. He was the best Quidditch player Astrid had ever seen, the bestest friend, Cedric Diggory was her brother.

"Are you okay?" It was Harry who asked the stupid question. Astrid could only stare at him with a mouth hung agape and Hermione whacked Harry behind the head and Ron shook his ginger head. "I'm sorry. That was stupid of me to ask." He whispered and Oliver tightened his grip on Astrid's hand. Dumbledore was coming their way.

"Miss Black, I would like a word with you alone." He glanced at their intertwined hands and added, "If that's possible."

Astrid didn't want to be alone with Dumbledore, but it seemed as though that was not possible at all. He seemed determined to get her alone. She didn't like it. Astrid glanced at Oliver and he rubbed her knuckles in a soothing manner before he placed a kiss on her cheek and Astrid watched him walk away to talk to Dean Thomas.

"I don't want you to get upset by this but Oliver, he's a good boy. He told me of your dreams last year when they got worse. He told me that you saw this coming." Astrid looked at Oliver. She was angry that he told Dumbledore, angry that he didn't at least inform her that he had told Dumbledore, then maybe she wouldn't be this angry at him. "He cares about you Astrid."

She swallowed hard. Of course she knew Oliver meant well, she knew Oliver cared for her so all she did was smile at Dumbledore before turning around and walking to Oliver.

*

Dear Astrid,

I wish you were here to witness all these amazing things with me this year, I truly will miss you.

Firstly, everyone needs a haircut. Ron, Harry, Fred, George and me, sort of. I don't mind it actually, just thought you would like to know.

I don't know if Malfoy ever wrote to you but he's on my side, shocking as that may sound. As you already know, I've entered the Tournament and I'm Hogwarts' Champion but of course, Harry Potter always has to come in and steal all my glory. I'm not mad about it, it's just that we Hufflepuffs never get the glory I got, we're always last and this was our chance to shine through, but no. The boy who lived just had to enter as well.

I of course know that he didn't enter off his own accord but it still bothers me. He isn't even of age!

I've met a girl named Cho Chang, I'm sure you know her. Slytherin once played against Ravenclaw and she's the only girl on the team. I took Cho to the Yule Ball, and I'm sure if you were here, you would've gone with Goyle. He keeps asking about you. I think I may be falling for her Astrid, not that it's a bad thing. What I felt towards Tulsa and what I feel towards her, is different.

With Tulsa, truth be told, I was trying to make you and Oliver jealous because you spent so much time with Oliver while discarding me to the sidelines and literally forcing me to watch you love each other.

But with Cho, it's like a window has opened, a window I didn't know existed. I can feel that she loves me too but I don't know what to say, I'm afraid I'll make a fool of myself.

I miss you Astrid, you and Oliver both. Please write back as soon as you can.

Love,
Your better looking friend, Cedric.

Astrid wiped away the tears and hugged the letter close to her heart. She wondered if Cedric got her letter or if he died before he could read it.