[26:] "I HAVE A MOTHER?"

"I 'ave to say Astrid, I thought you were not going do eet." Colette commented as they lazily laid sprawled on her bed. The room was now a dark green color, the Slytherin badge proudly smiling down at them from the ceiling, but the girl still had to put the other furniture in, but Astrid was extremely lazy.

"It just sort of happened." Astrid said, examing her hands, which had splotches of green paint here and there. Colette hummed beside her, shaking her head and she used her elbows to prop herself up as she laid on her stomach.

"I 'ave a 'ard time believing zat." Astrid furrowed her brow for a minute before she finally caught what she said. She wished she could tell Colette to slow down a bit, but she was terrified the blonde would hex her into oblivion. Colette had been home schooled most of her life, only attending Beauxbatons when she was fifteen. She came this side when her mother remarried, which was a year ago. How she and Mia met, remained a mystery to Astrid.

"Well it did." Astrid concluded, standing up. "I'm going to get a snack, if Kreacher comes in here, whatever he says, just ignore him." She slipped her shoes on. "He's not very nice."

"You don't say." Colette mumbled just before Astrid disappeared out the door. Kreacher had been standing on top of the stairs, dusting a portrait Astrid recognized as Elladora Black, the woman she had been named after. She didn't know why Sirius named her after Elladora because from what she had heard from Narcissa, Elladora was not very nice and she had begun the tradition of beheading the house elves when they would become too old to carry a tea tray.

"Kreacher, when is my father coming back?" The house elf remained quiet and this irritated Astrid. "I asked a question, and I demand an answer."

"Kreacher only answers to a true Black." The elf snarled at her and walked away. The portrait looked at Astrid with a smirk tugging at its lips and Astrid glared at it.

"What are you smirking at?" She growled and the portrait scoffed. She narrowed her eyes at it but this didn't even faze Elladora.

"Nothing." The portrait replied before Colette appeared from behind Astrid and Elladora narrowed her eyes at Colette before she disappeared, most likely to visit Phineas or Walburga.

"What iz 'er problem with me?" Colette asked confused, Astrid shook her head with a slight sigh.

"Thank the moons and stars she's far better than Walburga." Astrid said. "But she has a problem with everyone, even me! And I'm named after her!" She scoffed. "Anyway, what do you want to eat?"

"Anythin' iz fine." Colette said, following Astrid down the stairs. Kreacher was currently dusting an empty portrait but Astrid could care less about him and the empty portrait. "Are theengs good at work? Or iz Mr Ollivander givin' you a 'ard time?"

"I quit, all my hard work went to waste anyway." She shrugged. "Besides, Oliver and I went to try out for Puddlemere United."

"'Ow did eet go?" Colette asked taking a seat in the kitchen. Astrid rummaged through the fridge and settled on some leftover pasta she made yesterday.

"Good." She said and searched for two bowls. "I made it as a Chaser, and Oliver as the reserve Keeper. One of their Chasers is injured, so I'm playing until he comes back."

Colette hummed, taking the bowl of pasta from Astrid. "That iz interesting." She said. "I 'ear zat you 'urt Leo's feelings."

"That happened a month ago Colette, you're late. Besides, Leo and I are on good terms now. He kinda reminds me of Cedric in a way." She shrugged. "By the way, Oliver is coming over this afternoon. He's staying the weekend."

"When iz your fuzzer coming back?"

"I don't know, I asked Kreacher but you know what a fucking git he is." She shrugged, stuffing her face with pasta. "Are you going to stick around?"

"I do not theenk I can." Colette honestly replied. "I promised Leo zat 'e and I will go to a Muggle party."

"That's cool I guess." Astrid said and flashed her a smile. She wished she could go with them but she promised Oliver that they would stay all cuddled up the entire night. She was looking forward to it but she also wanted to leave the house.

"Why don't you and your 'unk join us? I promise zat Leo will be fine with eet."

"No, it's fine. I promised Oliver that we'd have the night to ourselves." Colette beamed, clearly thinking of inappropriate things. "Whatever you are thinking of, no." The blonde pouted but said nothing and they both ate in peace until they heard Walburga's screaches.

*

"Leo is just a friend Oliver! Stop acting like a stupid fuck!" Astrid yelled at Oliver, who had accused her of cheating on him with Leo when she had received a letter from an owl she didn't know.

"Just read the letter." He growled angrily at her. Astrid hoped the letter could be from Cedric, whom she had learned was still alive. The handwriting and name proved otherwise though.

"Andromeda Tonks wrote me a letter." She whispered and immediately, Oliver felt guilty of accusing her. He should have known better, should have known that Astrid would never do such a thing. He watched as she gingerly opened the letter, almost as though she was afraid it would crumble and be lost forever. "Dear Ella," She glanced at Oliver. "My intention was not to hurt you Ella, it never was. But just like Nymphie, you were never the same baby. I know I shouldn't have gave you away, but I just couldn't take the fear and stress again." Astrid stopped and sunk to the floor, Oliver took the letter from her and read the rest of the letter to her.

"I am your mother Ella." He swallowed hard. "I'm sorry I never was there for you, I'm sorry I never wrote to you. I wasn't going to write anytime soon but I'm sick Ella, and I thought you deserved to know that I am your mother and that I love you before I take my last breath. Love, Andromeda."

"I have a mother?" Astrid asked with a sob and Oliver engulfed her in a hug. "Sirius knew she was my mother and he never told me?" Astrid felt betrayed, deceived, she felt ridiculed.

"I'm sure he had his reasons Astrid." Oliver tried to reason but Astrid was too heartbroken to listen, too heartbroken to believe him. She had only one question, and that was why. Why didn't Sirius tell her anything?