[22] : AWKWARD DINNER WITH A GUY NAMED LEO

"Uh hello? Um — er — you can go in." Astrid said to the stranger who was busy knocking their door off. "I'm — er — Astrid." She waved goodbye to Charlie, who offered to bring her back. He disappeared when she returned her attention to the handsome stranger. He was incredibly handsome, but still very much a stranger.

"Astrid, nice to meet you." He kissed the top of her hand and Astrid felt her stomach tingle. "I'm Galileo Van Halen, but please call me Leo." He flashed her a charming smile. She nervously smiled and she snatched her hand. "Was that your boyfriend who just left?"

"Uh — yes." Astrid found herself saying and Leo sighed.

"All the beautiful ones are taken. Anyway, are you going to invite me in or should I barge in? It would be rude of me, if I have to say so myself." Astrid nervously chuckled. She didn't want to be alone with Leo. She immediately went in and announced her arrival to her father, but he probably didn't hear it over Mia's loud and hysterical laughter.

"The kitchen is — uh — that way." Astrid said, walking backwards towards the stairs. Even though she had pointed Leo in the direction of the kitchen, he walked towards her.

"And where are you headed? If I might ask, I am most curious. I thought you were to join us." Astrid gulped and prayed someone would come and save her.

"I'm going to–—" She gulped again, stopping when her heel hit the bottom of the stairs. "Freshen up. I'll be down in a few."

"Then I'll save a seat for you next to me."

Please don't. Please don't. Please don't. Please don't. Astrid chanted in her head when he flashed her a smile, and she flashed him a nervous one before literally sprinting up the stairs, nearly tripping but not caring even when she heard footsteps behind her. She quickly slipped in her room and shut the door with a loud bang and she heard Leo sigh before his footsteps could be heard.

She released a sigh of relief as she rummaged through her closet to find something to wear. She settled on the Puddlemere United t-shirt Oliver had gave her and a pair of faded jeans. She quickly washed up and slipped into the clothes before pairing them with her sneakers and she brushed through her hair, humming a tune happily to herself. That's when she noticed that she had freckles. It was weird, she never had freckles, even as a child. But she just shrugged and tied her hair up in a bun.

Just like Leo promised, and much to her horror, the only seat open was next to him. Astrid greeted the others and sat down next to him, praying he won't talk to her. But the universe hated Astrid, it hated her with a hatred she could not describe.

"Do you play for Puddlemere United?" He asked and she looked around the table until her eyes landed in Colette. The twenty year old smiled.

"I see you 'ave met my friend, Galileo. I theenk you two will get along real good!" Colette beamed and Astrid's eyes went wide, clearly thinking otherwise. "I know 'is muzzer, 'e won't bozzer you zat much! If 'e doez bozzer you, come tell me, we don' want your fuzzer to strangle 'im, no?" Colette laughed and Astrid flashed her a smile, she didn't really understand what she said. Colette had a habit to talk really fast. And with her accent, it made the words sound like slurs.

"You still haven't answered my question Astrid." Leo said as they began dishing for themselves. Sirius and Remus were engulfed in a conversation of their own, Mia and Colette as well and as well the two at the end of the table. Astrid sighed. She's going to kill Colette for this.

"No, but it's my dream." Astrid had decided that even though Snape had put of the flame of her future, she'd put it self back on, and that's exactly what she was doing now.

"Come, come Astrid, tell uz all about thees 'unk of yourz!" Colette suddenly said, saving Astrid from Leo. Astrid immediately slid out her chair and slipped in beside Colette. "Don' mind your fuzzer, we can pretend 'e iz not 'ere, no?" Astrid nodded. "Now tell me, iz 'e more good lookin' zan Leo? Or iz 'e below Leo?"

"Far better looking than Leo." Astrid said, Leo was extremely handsome but he was not as good looking as Oliver.

"Tell me, 'ave you done eet before? Don' look at me like zat!" Astrid was currently staring at Colette with her mouth hung agape. "I remember my first time. I waz your age." She stuffed a potato in her mouth and swallowed before she continued to speak. "I never saw zee boy again. My muzzer said I 'ad brought eet unto myself. I of course did not believe 'er and I went lookin' for zee boy but I never found 'im."

"Yet, you're telling me to sleep with Oliver? I'm confused." Astrid said, stealing Colette's potatoes, the girl didn't seem to mind.

"Do not put wordz into my mouth! I ever said zat!" But she was smiling and she leaned in closer to Astrid. "Jus' 'ave some fun tonight, yes? You do not 'ave to tell zat 'unk of yourz." She grinned at her and wiggled her eyebrows towards Leo. Astrid chocked on her stolen potatoes. Everyone immediately went quiet and looked at the dying girl. "Astrid! 're you fine?!"

"Astrid, are you okay?!" She heard Sirius ask.

She shook her head as she she was turning red in the face. Mia handed her a glass of water. "There you go Starla, mama Mia has your back. Now, I did tell you not to eat like me, did I not? I vacuume the food in, you unfortunately are a toothpick my dear. A toothpick. If I pushed you beside steel wires, I'd never find you because you'd blend in so well my little Starla."

Astrid nearly choked on her glass of water but she managed not to and she downed the glass. Everyone went back to their conversations once they were sure she wasn't dying. Astrid heard her father tell Remus about a surprise he wanted to give a certain someone but before she could process the information, Colette poked her in the ribs.

"So? 're you going to do eet?"

"Blimey Colette, you nearly killed me and you're still talking about it?!" Colette nodded.

"You 're correct. I am a 'orrible friend." She stuffed another potato in her mouth and swallowed it before she spoke. "I alwayz 'ave wondered if I 'ad attended your school, which 'ouse I would be in. I am theenking your 'ouse, no?"

Astrid shook her head, Colette didn't look like a Slytherin, she didn't speak or act like one either. "I'm thinking either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff."

"Ravenclaw sounds nice, but zee 'Ufflepuff one sounds like zee 'ouse of zee never ending boyfriend and 'unk drama." And that's exactly why Astrid thought Colette would be a Hufflepuff, all the she cares about is what a hunk a boy is, just like most of the Hufflepuff girls she had met. Like Susan Bones, and Hannah as well. "But I will take your word for eet! You know better zan I do." Astrid shook her head as she continued to eat her stolen potatoes. This was the longest conversation she had ever had with Colette and she hoped it won't happen soon again.