Chapter 13

Rachel's POV:

2 years later...

London, UK.

It's been 2 years since I got divorced and left the country.

When I left the country and sold my parents house in California, I got 2 million. My house may not be big but the land value was high, so I got 2 million. For, someone who comes from an average family this amount is big. At first, I spent money on a budget and as time passed I spent money more because I have only myself and I have no one else to save money or to spend. If I ran out of money I could earn the money. And, I'm sure I won't run out of money.

After, I left the country. For almost a year, I have toured around many countries and met many new people. I gained some understanding of different cultures and knowledge. I got lots of exposure and self-understanding. And I even stayed in many places for a longer time. I visited many new places and countries. I have visited Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China and many countries in Europe.

After the divorce, the first few months were very hard for me, I have always felt I was powerless and helpless. I always wanted to go back and meet my son. I miss him so much. He may hate me and despise me but I know it's not his fault for being manipulated by others. I have given full custody to Chris because I know if I get shared custody many new problems will arise and Blake will hate me even more.

About Chris, I no longer love him or hate him for what he did to me. I have loved him the most in the world because he is my love and family. But, now he's no longer anything to me. I also hated him for what he did to me and how he treated me. My love for him is gone even if he wants me back into his life. I can no longer be with him even if it's for Blake. All my suffers and humiliation I have endured was for him I had a bit of hope he may change in the end but he did not. He didn't care about me. He didn't even talk to me. He broke me. He didn't even care if I was alright. In the end, I only got my name damaged. I got the name gold digger and worst mother.

And my mother-in-law and Natalie I can't deal with them any longer. All the tricks they played me. I know they got in this together to separate me and Chris. They succeeded in the end. I don't blame them because if Chris was strong this wouldn't have happened. And he is the one who cheated on me many times with her. I always know my mother-in-law hates me for my background. She will always humiliate me whenever she got the chance and I never complained to anyone and endured for Chris.

I also found out Chris and Natalie got married and it's on big fat weeding. And also Williams became a billionaire.

I already told Emma, walker. Chris sister takes care of Blake and looks out for him. I don't trust Natalie. In the future, if she has her kids and for the company, she may harm Blake.

At first, I was always depressed and lonely. But, slowly I started to understand it's no use in feeling sad and hurt. I'm not one who cheated and I am not the guilty person here. In the end, no one gives a shit! I learned this through my travels.

After, my travels. I have decided to settle in London, UK. I have two reasons to stay here, first the hospital I got job is one of the best hospitals in the UK. The second one is I like this place.

In the last, I got a job in London in one of the leading hospitals in the country. I'm now the head of the surgery department in the hospital.

.............................................................................

1 year later...

It's been 2 years since started working in the hospital and settled in London. I got my penthouse and Aston Martin car.

I started waking up at 5 am daily and would regularly work out every day. I also attend the gym and CrossFit. I got a personal trainer who's the best and also my patient.

My body weight and the overall figure has been changed. I'm now slim and tall with perfect curves and shape on my body. Not to brag about me but I look like a model. At first, I was little fat and had short hair but now I'm lean and my hair long. I'm 33 years old but I may look like 27 or 28 years.

Also, my dressing sense and overall look have been changed by my new best friend Ashley Marant. See the famous fashion designer in the world. Well, she's also my patient. And soon we became best friends. I always get her exclusive and limited edition dresses.

I also got a pet. It's a dog. He's a French bulldog. I got him a gift from my best friend Henry and his wife Emma. I meet them when I first came to London and they were my fellow doctors. Henry is a neurosurgeon and Emma is an anesthesiologist.

Now, I have become a famous surgeon in the UK and the world. I have operated on more than 10 successful surgeries which are complicated and my success rate is 98%.  Within 2 years I have become famous. And I'm booked for the next 6 months.

I have operated on many celebrities and powerful people. Some of them may be minor surgeries and some may be major surgeries.

And sometimes I need to fly to other countries to do operations if the patient required. Most of them are powerful and play major roles in politics. It's because there are certain surgeries in which I'm specialised. Even, I befriended a few of them. I also thought it's not wrong to befriend a few famous and powerful people.

I also got lots of awards and did lots of interviews about the surgeries I did. Most of the awards and interviews got it doing critical surgeries.

I also gave lectures in medical institutes and my speech at conferences. I am widely famous in the medical field.

I also got job offers and invites for lectures and conferences in the USA. But, I rejected them because I will visit them later.

I also got in touch with Kate and Brandon my best friends from the USA. After 2 years I left the country. They, scolded like there's no tomorrow. They also visited me within the next 2 days after I told them where I was. First, they were shocked to see me over my complete new look. And they were happy for me.

I also got in touch with Travis and their godmother Both were happy for me.

These 2 years I have dated quite a few people who are either rich or talented. I also wanted to give it try to start a relationship. These people are good but it didn't work in the end. I didn't feel the spark.

I also earned quite a lot of money in these 2 years and I have also collaborated with a biotechnology company that specialists in virtual learning and the development of new surgery kits and machines.

Now, that I think about it my decision was right to leave the country. It brought the better out of me.

.............................................................................

Thank you, everyone.

The next chapter is about Rachel.