your appearance and what God says about it

Do y'all ever wake up and go through the day feeling bad about yourself and comparing yourself to others?

 Well, better question is, do y'all rely on others to make your day?

 Like when someone calls you beautiful it just makes you feel so elevated and light but when someone doesn't say anything to you when you've tried so hard and put on so much makeup, it makes you feel so plain and ugly.

 I've definitely felt that way multiple times. 

Sometimes we rely on others to make ourselves feel beautiful. 

Do y'all even understand how crazy that is? I mean we got to admit, we're all guilty of it but still. 

It's crazy because we're allowing other imperfect people to judge us.

 When a perfect, flawless God calls us beautiful (which He does every single day), we brush it off and think whatever God but when someone that's so imperfect and messed up calls us beautiful, it makes our day.

 In fact, most of us strive to get others to call us beautiful. We put on makeup and attempt to look "beautiful." But understand this, the meaning of the beautiful that other people sometimes call you is what our culture calls beautiful.

 And guess what. Culture's definition of beautiful is changing every day. By the next decade, what we called beautiful last decade is ugly.

 There are people who do crazy things to look like what society wants us to look.

 I mean our culture's version of beautiful is so vain and specific and exclusive. We have people starving themselves and physically harming themselves to look beautiful to other imperfect people. We want people to compliment us and tell us that we look beautiful. 

But guess what y'all? God's vision of beautiful is never changing. God is a beautiful God and He created us in His own image which means we're beautiful naturally. Every single day even before all the makeup we're beautiful. 

When we wake up, we're beautiful. Sure Instagram is trying to tell you a different story but you ARE beautiful.

 The Bible says that we're fearfully and wonderfully made. Do y'all understand that? We're made in the beautiful creator's image and every day we spend criticizing ourselves because we don't look like what society calls beautiful is hurting God.

 You are so beautiful and you do not need to change a single thing about yourself. It's crazy how we can view sunsets and stars as beautiful but not ourselves.

 Come on y'all! 

God created those but God created you as well. In fact, your His most prized creation. He spent the most time on us so lets all praise God on how He made us because we are indeed beautiful no matter what culture says. 

Trust the God who is the same yesterday, today, and forever on what He says about you not others.