about cancel culture...

I understand that it has now become a trend to cancel people. It's a very controversial trend but a trend nevertheless and that's why I think we should dive into what the Bible says about it.

Canceling is literally judging someone and ruining their life because of one simple mistake. My question is how can we as imperfect people, think that we have the ability to cancel other imperfect people? The part I really can't comprehend is how some people are ruining other people's lives for something they said 10 years ago. Okay, so the person might've made a mistake but haven't you made mistakes as well? You still have your job. You still have your reputation. How would you feel if someone "canceled" you because of an offensive joke you made 10 years ago? 

Speaking for all of us our whole life is probably full of mistakes. In fact, God is the only perfect one. Only He can judge us and guess what y'all? God doesn't judge on a pedestal like humans do. To clarify, putting sins on pedestals is the fact that murder is worse than lying for us. Someone who murdered someone else comes out with a big prison sentence while someone who lied is forgiven automatically. 

But big news flash y'all, God sees sin as the same. So the person who murdered someone is seen as the same as the person who lied. Jesus died with the same passion for the person who killed, the person who stole. He loves everyone the same! The Lord forgives ALL sins and welcomes everyone into His loving arms all the same, no matter what you've done or will do. God allows you to run to Him and He WILL save you.

A great example of this is Paul. Paul the Christian-hater. Paul who KILLED Christians for fun. Paul who called himself the chief of sinners. He would probably have been called "canceled" in our culture. The God of love didn't choose to cancel Him though. In fact, God decided to make a breakthrough in Paul's life and lead Him to faith. To missionary and convert other people to Christians. A drastic change from killing Christians. 

Paul's story shows how patient our God is. How loving He is. Y'all, God turned Paul from chief of sinners to chief of missionaries. Talk about a glow up. 

The reason I decided to emphasize on Paul's story for y'all is to say if a perfect God could forgive "the chief of sinners" then we, imperfect people, should be able to forgive other imperfect people. Instead of hating on them and trying to ruin their lives, we should be able to love on them and help them gain balance. Help them know Jesus who loves them no matter what they've done. Show them grace and mercy that resembles Jesus.

Do y'all realize how much of a better place the world would be if we stopped "canceling" people. Instead of canceling, I think we should love them. I think we should "continue" them. Lead them on a path of kindness and hopefully even Jesus. 

So y'all lets stop canceling people and start continuing people.