The Memories These Ruins Hold

Chapter 10

It was probably for the next hour or so that Alastor found himself pacing and pacing nonstop. It was what he did when deep in thought, keeping him on his toes, and on this occasion that was very much true.

The upcoming formal event was one of the only times that the big overlords of Hell would come together and be obliged not to start outright wars with each other. Some liked each other more than others, that was a given, and others didn't like anyone at all. Alastor was in that latter category of course. He could be friendly when he wanted to be, but those fools didn't interest him in the slightest- usually. Not unless he could gain something from their acquaintance.

In terms of Angel within his plan, he'd factored him in, however still had yet to think of the possible problems that the arachnid could bring. Would Valentino be there? There was a very high possibility which would throw the spider off no doubt.

The Radio Demon had also thought about what to do if things started to go wrong. Escaping was not an option for Alastor and unless things became dire, then he was not going to resort to escapism.

The more he thought about this, the more his thoughts were starting to stray in other, unnecessary directions. Perhaps some air was needed. A change of pace. Summoning his microphone, Alastor swiftly left his room, knocking upon Angels door instead.

Angel was so involved with his thoughts too, that all noises outside of his mind didn't register. However the loud knocking on his door did manage to pull him back to reality with a jolt and a small gasp. He blinked a few times to gather himself again and stood up, cradling Fat Nuggets in his lower set of arms as he walked over to his door.

There was a slight pause from the spider as he took a deep breath.
Angel finally opened the door and saw Alastor standing on the other side, as expected.
"Hey Al! What's up?"
Angel did his best to sound like his normal self and hide his nerves over the forthcoming plan.

Alastor stood, smiling in vigor as Angel opened the door, far too innocent looking pig sitting in one of his sets of arms.
"Why, Angel I was just on my way out and was extending an offer for you to join me!"
He exclaimed, swinging his microphone around before loudly slamming the end down upon the wooden floor which caused Angel to flinch a tiny bit.
"A small breath of air will do us some good. I must admit, it is becoming tiresome, thinking up plans in this stuffy home."

Without getting an answer, the Radio Demon had already turned on his heels and was making his way down the staircase, static following him as per usual.
"If you do not wish to join me, then that is your choice!"
He called, not bothering to turn back in case the arachnid had other plans or was busy.

Angel took a moment to think before quickly replying.
"Yeah, I'll be down in just a second."
He was kind of grateful Alastor offered, if he was being honest. Angel set the pig on the floor and patted his head, to which the pig just flopped on its side with a snort. The arachnid consequentially rolled his eyes and walked out of his room, closing the door behind him to make sure the pig wouldn't get out.

"Wonderful!"
The deer exclaimed in response, continuing his descent down the stairs, waiting in the downstairs hallway for Angel Dust.

The spider then started down the stairs, straightening his coat with a small hum. Angel knew he had already been out earlier, but even that had been fairly stressful considering the fact that he had been alone, and unsure of the surroundings. At least now with Alastor along for the ride, this would give him a chance to ask the questions he'd come up with and maybe explain himself a bit so Alastor would understand why he was asking so many questions in the first place.