Lets Reconcile For The Living

Chapter 16

Alastor wasn't around much of the three weeks that swiftly passed. The radio demon too avoided Angel, knowing full well that the other was doing the same. For the most part, he was cooped up in his room either gathering all the spells and other weird practices in preparation for his plans, or he was out of the house, attending to his own business.

Angel had been avoiding him for a while now, and while the lack of noise was nice, Alastor wasn't too sure how he felt about his partner in crime not interacting with him when the party was so close now. Not to mention, he had to bring the arachnid with him to the living world still. And he hardly saw any of that working out if they were to stay in this current state of avoidance.

Alastor too, had left his room, wanting to sort this all out. They had to press on with the next phase of planning and for that, Alastor needed Angel with him. A talk of reconciliation was in order.

He strolled down the stairs quietly, usual grainy hum surrounding him as he made his way into the kitchen, sure enough finding the arachnid where he knew he was.

"I trust you're prepared then." Was all he said as he stepped into the kitchen, not yet making eye contact with Angel.

Angel was so focused on getting his food and returning his ass back upstairs, that he hadn't even heard Alastor coming up to him. He probably should have, but his thoughts kept him busy.

When Alastor did speak, Angel jumped a bit with a small gasp, a hand on his chest. It had been a while since he'd heard that voice. Angels eyes closed as he quickly regained his composure, still keeping his back to Alastor as he cleared his throat.
"Ready for what? The party ain't for another few days. Unless you've forgotten."

Staying nonchalant, Alastor moved around so that he was leaning against the kitchen counter, noticing how Angel still kept his back to him.
"Why, the party may not be for a few more days, but that doesn't mean we don't have elsewhere to be, hm?"

Either Angel had forgotten about their trip to the living world, which Alastor hardly doubted due to the arachnids initial excitement at the idea, or he simply presumed Alastor did not want him around.
"I hope you haven't forgotten. We're still going. In fact...we're going right now."

Angel stopped for a moment, his head turning towards Alastor slightly in mild shock.
"You.... still want me to go with you? I didn't think that..-"
Trailing off, the rest of his sentence being lost to confusion, Angel quickly turned the heat off the stove before moving the pan he was cooking in, to the side.
For only a moment, Angel turned to Alastor. However, it was just to grab two plates. After he'd gotten what he needed, he quickly turned back around again, beginning to plate the food he'd made for the both of them, from the dish that had been in the oven.

Alastor simply crossed his arms over his chest, watching as Angel grabbed the two plates from the oven and began to plate some food.
"Why, of course." He sighed as if it was the most obvious thing. "I never stated otherwise."
And while Angel probably thought that their cold silences towards each other meant that he wasn't going to the living world anymore, Alastor thought otherwise.

"We leave soon. So after we've eaten, I'd like to go there as soon as possible."

Angel somehow managed to keep himself contained. It was a huge surprise to him that Alastor still wanted him to tag along. Over the days, Angel had accepted the fact that he'd slow probably the other demon down if he went anyways, but, if Alastor really did want his company while there, the spider certainly wasn't going to complain one bit. He finished serving the food and brought both plates to the table along with utensils.