A Party Fit For A King

Chapter 22

For the remaining time until the event, Angel kept himself occupied by going over every last detail on his side to make sure everything was in place and he knew what he was to do.

On the day of the party, the spider had made sure to start getting himself ready extra early just to make sure not a single strand of fluff was out of place. He also made sure he fed his pet pig, had everything packed for the aftermath and made sure he had his getaway driver on speed dial for when his time to slip away arrived.

He exited his bedroom, closing the door behind him as he fixed his new pink tailcoat. Of course, it had pants to go along with it but he didn't like the idea nor the feeling, so he wore a usual yet new pair of shorts instead, along with a new pair of black boots. Angel also decided to wear the necklace Alastor had gifted him. He took a deep breath and headed downstairs, having something in his inner coat pocket he needed to leave for Alastor to find later.

As for Alastor? He was around now and again, mainly staying cooped up in his room, revising their plans down to even the smallest detail.

Three days went by in the blink of an eye, and before Alastor knew it, the day of the party had come.

For the most part of the morning, Alastor had been most probably over-preparing. Regardless, one couldn't be too careful in his opinion, especially when it came to dealing with Lucifer.

In terms of getting ready, Alastor wore a dark red, almost black, colored suit, much like the one he wore during his and Angel's chaos back at the casino.

Despite being excited for the eminent entertainment, Alastor would be lying if he said there wasn't at least a minute slither of nerves there at the prospect of seeing dear old Lucifer again after many years.

Smoothing his suit out, making sure everything was in order, Alastor stepped out his room, summing his microphone and knocking it against the floor.

Angel heard Alastor exit his room just as he made it to the bottom of the stairs. He was hoping he'd be able to find a spot for the small piece of paper he had for Alastor before he made his way out but it didn't seem like that was going to happen. Instead, he'd find a way to sneak it into one of his pockets before their final goodbyes.

Angel turned and looked up the stairs as Alastor made his way down, giving a small smile. He looked quite handsome- then again, when didn't he?

"Lookin' good."
He simply stated as Alastor made the final steps.

Alastor looked to the foot of the stairs, noticing Angel already waiting.

"Why, I could say the same." 
He grinned, giving Angel a once over, noticing the shiny black boots, different from his regular ones. 
"New boots perhaps?" 
The deer asked, making his way to the bottom of the stairs, turning to Angel once he was there.

The both of them were definitely dressed for the occasion, looking as dapper as ever.

"The driver will be waiting outside, so if you have everything, then I don't see why we can't head off now. The sooner, the better in my opinion!"

Angel grinned, holding both sets of hands behind his back with a nod to the implication about the boots. He figured he could afford to splurge a bit and go all out for the occasion.

"I'm all set if you're ready to get goin'."
He stated, bringing his upper set of hands out to carefully adjust the lapel of Alastor's suit jacket before linking arms with the other.

Alastor glanced downwards as Angel adjusted his jacket, nodding in thanks as he straightened his posture, linking arms.

"Let us go then." 
Alastor nodded, moving over to the door with Angel, it opening for them.