True Flesh and Bones

Chapter 17

It had been so long for Alastor... it almost startled him as he felt a cool breeze against his skin.

Angel nearly shivered at the breeze that hit him without warning. He could feel that his body had changed during their fall but it took him a moment to realize it. Squeezing Alastors hand a bit, Angel slowly dared to open his eyes, unable to wait any longer.
From what he could feel, the angle in which he now held Alastors hand had changed, meaning their height was quite different now.

It took a moment for Angel's now matching green eyes to adjust, seeing the living world in all of its glory. Instinctively looking down a bit at Alastor, Angel blinked when he suddenly realised he was face to face with the top of the deers chest. For once, he actually had to look up at Alastor just to make eye contact.

Before he could do so though, he slowly let go of the others hand, gaze falling back down to his own hands which stretched out in front of himself. Eyes still widened in awe, Angel began to pat himself down with only one set of arms. Only one set! Oh boy, it was the weirdest feeling to be human again.

His hands quickly moved up to his own face and hair, finally feeling fleshy human skin and the soft blonde wavy locks he had before all of this Hell.

Alastor slowly dropped Angels hand, looking down at himself silently. For one, he felt a hell of a lot shorter than he had been, but as his gaze caught Angels, it seemed that he wasn't the shortest out of the two of them anymore.

The deers face, of all things, was the feature that had changed the most during the transformation. No longer did a menacing grin permanently frame his pale face with wicked, yellow fangs, but rather, his smile was...normal. It didn't look infinitely evil at all. In fact, it almost seemed friendly.
His complexion was once again healthy and his eyes a dark brown, framed by clear metal glasses and neat head of chocolate colored hair.

Angel looked... really different too. Definitely not what the radio demon had imagined. The funniest thing, Alastor had to admit, was that the spider was shorter than him. That was truly the highlight of all this.

Angel squished his cheeks, feeling the soft flesh beneath regular human fingers, still in slight awe.
After getting over himself slightly, he slowly brought his attention back to Alastor, now ready to marvel at him instead. And marvel did he indeed.
He didn't mind that he was now shorter. In fact, he almost preferred it.

Taking a moment to observe the Radio Demon beside him, Angel gave Alastor a smile to which little dimples formed on his cheeks. Alastor didn't look nearly as scary this way. He was actually incredibly handsome and rather charming.

Angel couldn't help himself as he reached up and poked one of Alastor's cheeks, smile widening to the point his green eyes squinted a bit, the dimples deepening all the more and nose scrunching a bit, normal and white human teeth showing themselves to the world. He couldn't form words just yet but... holy shit. That was literally the only thing that ran through his mind.

His hand moved from Alastor's cheek up to that soft looking brown hair, running his fingers through it in amazement. By this point he'd forgotten completely that the handsome man in front of him was still Alastor. And Alastor was in fact still the Radio Demon.

Alastor's eyes narrowed a little at the poke to his cheek, however he didn't look half as intimidating as he usually did. And when Angel ran a hand through his hair, well, Alastor still did as he usually did. He pulled away.
"Angel-" He spoke, tone a little testing as he cleared his throat a little. It was weird not having any sort of radio effect over his voice, no static running through his words. His voice was completely normal as well.