A Moments Playful Banter

Chapter 14

Angel slept peacefully for the next while, waking up a short time after brighter light started to illuminate the outside a little more than what it did during the night. Groaning in exhaustion, he scrunched up his face, wincing a little at the pain he felt in the side of his head.

It was as he realised that he was laying down instead of sitting upright in the chair he thought he'd been in, that Angels mismatched eyes shot open and he sat up, looking around the room frantically.

Recognising the room he was in to be his own at Alastors house, Angel let out an immediate sigh of relief, thinking that it had all been a dream.
For a moment, he genuinely thought he'd dreamed meeting Alastor and gaining his newfound freedom. The fact he hadn't slept since the encounter between the two overlords was probably the reason for his confusion. It definitely gave him a quick start to the day though.
After a few moments of recovering from his mini heart attack he started to get out of bed, rubbing at his eyes once again.

Alastor awoke at his usual time, looking to the clock on the wall before sitting up. A long day was ahead, so he figured he would begin to prepare now.

After gathering some clothes, Alastor slunk into the shadows, appearing in the bathroom and turned the shower on.
He wondered how long Angel would be out for, if he wasn't awake already that was.

Angel went out to the hall with intentions of using the washroom and shower, rubbing his head where Alastor had hit him, but the Radio Demon seemed to already be in there. It wasn't a big deal. He could wait. For now, he decided to go downstairs and start making coffee for them both, Fat Nuggets following after him, the little tapping of his hooves against the staircase sounding out.

Alastor made his time in the bathroom short, quickly finishing up and dressing in his usual pinstriped strawberry colored suit. Adjusting the monocle over his right eye and brushing himself down, the deer demon swung the bathroom door open, making his way downstairs and into the kitchen.

Angel hummed and sang a song softly to himself as he made the coffee, hearing Alastor coming down the stairs. He concluded it best not to mention the deers kind actions of carrying him to his bed- after all, Alastor would most likely either deny it, or completely ignore Angels questioning.

Just as Angel was pouring the coffee into the mugs, Alastor walked into the kitchen.
"I see you're up. Good."
He brightly chimed in, usual static surrounding his words as he waltzed in, looking over at what Angel was doing.

"Nope. I'm just a figment of your imagination makin' ya a cup of coffee. Sweet of ya to be fantasizing about me~"
Angel teased with a smirk, handing him one of the cups once it was ready.

Alastor swiftly moved over to the other, taking one of the cups with a nod of thanks as he leant back against a kitchen counters.
"Fantasizing? No no no. Why Angel, I do believe you are not a figment of my imagination whatsoever. Did I knock you out so hard that your poor, confused mind believes that?"
He teased back, sipping at his drink with a grin.
"You know, you're lucky you only woke up with a slight bruise. If it had been anyone else, I think I might have had at them for a bit longer! There's simply nothing I love more!"
The Radio Demon chuckled, eyes narrowing as he looked to Angel for a reaction.

"Oh, baby you should know by now that my masochist ass would have liked it~"
Angel grinned in response, deciding to continue their little banter. It was amusing to him and the spider was now determined to get something out of Alastor now that he had indulged in a good rest, his mind refreshed.

Another point was that Angel knew that Alastor needed him around for a while longer, so in terms of existence privileges, they couldn't be taken away from the arachnid just yet.
Fat Nuggets laid at Angels feet as he sipped his own coffee.