Knock Out

Chapter 13

Angel sat down on his bed and sighed, putting the pig down next to him. He let out a heavy breath before getting up again and grabbing the suitcase full of money from the closet he kept his belongings in. From there, he started counting what he had. The spider wanted to see if he could get a custom suit made especially for Lucifers event. He just wanted to look the part- whatever part it was that Alastor was able to come up for him.
His fingers speedily flicked through the notes as he counted up in his mind.

Mind wandering a bit, Angel soon decided that while he was out testing his bite, he'd be easily able to find some company to bring back with him while he waited for Alastor's return. It would serve as a quick cash grab too, which was always good.

It didn't take the Radio Demon long to fish out the old book he needed to read. With a sigh, Alastor took a seat in the large leather armchair situated the corner of his room, adjusting the monocle over one of his eyes so that he could read the words better.

This book was a little harder to read than any others Alastor had. The words were hand written in slightly faded ink, and as far as Alastor knew, this was the original and only copy of the book to be written. It had been years since Alastor had actually read through this one though. But why?

As he read on, recognizable spells, incantations and satanic practices were quickly skimmed over, until the last page. The one page he knew would be absolutely vital in seeing to the downfall of Lucifer. The whole book had failed to mention it, and there was no doubt about this book being the right one. But the page? It was gone.

Alastor frowned deeply. His lips contorted to a small thin line, something that was a very rare occurrence. Then again, no one was around to see it or consider it a weakness.
Turning the book over in his hand, running a finger down the spine of the cover, Alastor shook his head.
Suddenly standing, the Radio Demon began to pace once again, his shoes tapping against the wood with every step.

Soon enough though, that malignant grin was slowly creeping back up his face, an idea- or a memory, coming to mind. If the page of the book didn't exist down here in Hell, then there was one other cesspit of an Earth he knew for sure it would be...

But he had to think, and so, closing his eyes a moment, Alastor did just that. He heard the faint sound of footsteps making their way down the stairs and then up again, but he chose to ignore them in favor of thinking. It was most likely Angel doing whatever he did.

It had been years since Alastor had actually needed to go back to the living world. In fact, he'd only been back once, right after he'd manifested to gather all the books and items of importance to him, and bring them back to this very safe room.

He thought he'd taken everything important- but obviously he'd missed something.

Nonetheless, if he was going to go, he needed time to plan for that as well. Yet another obstruction to his plans. It would have to wait a couple weeks.

***

While Angel was counting his savings, Fat Nuggets had tried to eat the paper bills multiple times, causing Angel to get increasingly more annoyed with the animal.

"Would ya stop that? This shit is kind of important."
He huffed, pushing the pig away. It didn't seem to make a difference though, so Angel picked the pig up and left his room, going down to get a few apples for the greedy beast who then began chewing the sleeve of the sweater he'd changed into.

"I swear to fuck if you weren't so damn cute, I'd let Alastor cook ya up..." He grumbled, making his way down the stairs. Once in the kitchen, Angel quickly grabbed three apples before heading back up to his room, quickly shoving one of them into the pig's mouth to get it to stop chewing on his sleeve as he walked.