Prologue

"How would you like to make a contract with me?" He smirked. "It's either this or you lose your job." He threw a large yellow envelope onto the table I'm sitting at. He grabbed his blue collared shirt from his desk, threw it on and buttoned up. The , he sat in his seat, crossed his legs, raised an eyebrow, and awaited for my response.

My eyes frantically looked everywhere but at him. The papers from the envelope were slightly out and the bolded words 'contract' started to haunt me. I really don't understand how I got myself into this situation. I'm not the sinner, that 6-pack devilish wolf is.

"Well, I'm waiting...". He leaned in forward with his hands over his mouth.

"I...I..." I really don't want to do it! Can't I just leave!?

My body jolted up from his leather seat and decided to take a step forward.

"I really don't think that would be the wisest option right now". He chuckled. "Imagine, you're in your own little office like this, with an increased income, a nice view of the city..." he trailed off.

As he listed the blissful descriptions of my dream job, my feet took a step back and my butt landed back into the seat. I really can't believe my own boss is blackmailing me like this. Sure he has the upper hand on whether or not to keep me in his company, but I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth like him. Does he enjoy doing this on his free time? Treating his workers like puppets?

"I'm not sure why I'm even trying to tempt you. You're just a mere employee of my company. You can be replaced at anytime. I actually have two candidates on standby, waiting to take your position". He had a mischievous expression on his face. He really doesn't care, does he?

I glanced at the large envelope one more time. If I sign this contract, it will be like giving my soul to the devil. My parents will be disappointed if they hear about that this is about. I was not brought up to be someone's slave.

How did I end up in this situation?