20

I was not able to see anything. The room was dark and warm hands were placed over my lips as I was put against the wall. The man closed the door behind me and stood still. I tried to struggle my way out of this person's hand but I didnt have my original strength to do so. I tried to figure out who's the person thats pinning me to the wall.

The person used their free hand and reached out to a spot on the wall next to my body. That person flicked the lights on and backed away. I removed the hand away from my face and panted due to shortage of breath from wrestling with this person. I glanced up and figured out who pulled me into this room. Black pants, navy blue t-shirt, gray cardigan, brunette hair than can almost pass as dirty blonde, it was Dylan.

"Why the fuck did you pull me into a room without telling me who you are?' I shouted.

"Suspense...?" He smiled as he shrugged his shoulders.

"you idiot!" I walked up to him and started throwing punches.

"Alright, alright. Im sorry! I just wanted to talk to you for a bit." He withstood some of my punches but at a certain point, he managed to catch my fists. My hands were shortly above my head since he is taller than me. It felt really weird because he caught my hands mid-swing. "Im sorry, I didnt mean to scare you." He said in a very low tone with concerned eyes. He let go of my wrists and allowed me to put my hands down. He turned around and leaned against the wall with me.

I glanced around the room and realized we were in a waiting room that no one was using. There were sofas on the inner right side of the room, windows in front of me, and three vending machines to the right. The room had a tacky pink flowers green background kitchen style wallpaper, which was not pleasing to look at.

I put my vision back to Dylan. "So why have you abducted me, dear kind sir?" I snorted.

He glanced down and was not able to bring words to his mouth. He looked very distressed and didn't know what to do.

"Are you alright? Is everything okay?" I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah...yeah everything is fine." He sighed out. He gave me a quick smile, which for sure was fake.

"I know it's not. What's up?" I pushed his shoulder to her him talking. I can pick up the tense aura that surrounds him. What is he worried about?

"Alright look." He stood across from me so we can face me properly. "You're a wonderful woman. I just love how you can make anyone feel special. You care an awful lot about others, you just don't stop smiling when you talk about something you like, you can't top touching your arm when you're uncomfortable, your nose crinkles when you laugh, you're very humorous, the list goes on." Dylan takes a breath. "You have done well as my secretary. But I can no longer put you through any more trouble." He took a good, long look at me.

"What are you talking about? Kate is gone and it's not your fault." I stated.

"I know. You're the o my one who has told me to keep living because it's not my fault, when I made a plan and it unexpectedly led to that!" He brushed his hair with his hands. His anxiety increased by the second. "I don't think I can put you through anything like that anymore. Who knows where my stupidity will take you." He placed his hand on his hip as he looked out the window.

"Dylan, please stop. You have done nothing wrong. Look I'm perfectly okay. I can work for you. If anything wrong happens again, we can work this out together." I took a step forward towards Dylan. I raised my hand to place on his shoulder to comfort him but he moved away.

"No. It won't happen again." He turned around and faced me. As he looked straight into my eyes, "From this moment on, the contract deal is over. Also, you are removed from your position at The Chase. Thank you for your hard work." Dylan's whisper was hoarse. His lips quivered as he delivered his self-claimed news.