19

Days passed and I remained in bed in this dreary hospital. The patient next bed over was replaced twice during the duration of a week. The first patient, I heard, bruised her leg while trying to reach for something on the top shelf in her kitchen. I'm pretty sure there was something more than a bruise but who am I to pry. The patient that's currently sharing the room with me got into a car accident. As she was making a turn in an intersection, a motorcycle drive straight into her. The doctor mentioned something about how she got lucky that both of that patient's eyes are perfectly fine. I guess what the doctor meant was that in a crash like that, glass breaks from the window and a common target of damage is the driver's eye or eyes. Well that patient is blessed.

During my first week, my head injury and scars have healed completely. The only thing that's left is my right foot. Whenever I try to remember what happened after the hair fight, my head still reluctant to allow me to remember. The headaches aren't something I want to deal with right now.

Ethan and Dylan took turns coming in and taking care of me. They didn't come everyday of course. Ethan came once a week whereas Dylan came three times a week. I guess Ethan is too busy going on dates with the woman we saw at the movie theater. When Ethan came, he would make sure all my needs are met and made sure I wasn't in pain. I was glad that he cared a whole lot about me, but it made me wonder. Why did he decide to care for me now? Does he have a motif behind it? Does he actually care? What about the woman from the other night? If I were to ask those questions, he will either lie through them or I will be inflicting more pain onto myself. Also, I can't walk, so I can't run away from him if he decides to bullshit his way out of it.

The times Dylan came to visit, the first time he bought a flower basket and told me it was on behalf of the company. The flowers were very aromatic and I was surprised the scent lasted a whole week. He also made sure all my needs were met and that I don't cause any pain on myself.

On his first visit, it was all about apologies.
"Look, Jasmine. I still feel very bad that the plan nearly cost your life. I couldn't believe she did such a thing. To try to kill you by throwing you off a balcony? That's such a low. Had I known she was a psychopath, regardless if we broke up or not, I would assist her to get help. If only I paid attention more, you wouldn't have been in this...mess...". His voice and lips quivered in fear. He hung his head down in shame.

"No Dylan. It's not your fault. He went crazy to take you back. Sure our plan was to taunt her with words, have a small fight with slaps and I would call the police on her. But even I didn't know she would do such a thing. People like her with that attitude shouldn't exist. Denial doesn't help people in the long run. So don't worry about it. I'm glad I'm alive and I thank you for taking care of me." I placed my hand on top of his to reassure him that everything is okay.

"No, it's not fine. I led you to this. I made you do this plan. I made you suffer. I just can't handle it anymore...". Dylan raised his hand along with mine and placed it on his forehead. His head shook as tears began to fall.

I was taken aback that he suddenly cried. "Dylan, no. Please don't cry. Look I'm fine and I'm going to heal. Please don't blame yourself. It's going to be alright." I slowly got up in my bed and stroked his back with the hand that's not occupied. "It's alright, it's okay. Please, don't cry." I whispered.

Dylan let go of my hand and wiped his tears. I couldn't stop staring at him. He actually cried. That's more emotions I saw from him than I ever had.

"What?" Dylan asked as he fixed the co diction on his face.

"Nothing. I'm just amazed to see that you can cry." I smiled.

"What? A human cant cry?" He sniffled.