2

I sat on my bed, leaning against the wall and shoved my face onto my knees. Did I actually see that? Was I imagining it? Did I become horny? My brain still couldn't process the situation when it has already been 10 minutes. For the last 14 years, my husband didn't touch me. My V-card has always been with me and none of us have ever decided to initiate to the next stage. I've always wondered why we never had a conversation about our sexual desires, but then again, every year until 2016 I would see him for two months. Then again, if people saw each other only for that short amount of time, wouldn't their passionate love be stronger and have strong sexual desires? I guess we aren't that type of couple and it's very self explanatory now since our love has been dying very slowly day by day.

Ethan entered the bedroom with a very sleepy face. He closed the door behind him, stretched his arms and then tucked himself under the blanket on our bed.

"Goodnight sweety". I whispered.

"Mhmm". That's all he responded before he entered his deep sleep. I turned off the lamp next to my side of the bed and tucked myself in. I faced away from Ethan and towards the window. My heart and mind was swarmed with confusion and throb. My eyes welled up and I cried myself to sleep.

My day went on as per usual. I wake up at around 7am and make breakfast for my husband after doing my necessities. Today I made Egg Benedict with sausage and potato hash on the side. My husband wakes up at 7:30am and freshens up. By the time he comes to the table, I would have already finished cooking. As he eats, I set up his clothes for the day and assemble his necessities for work, which includes his work bag. When he finishes his breakfast, he gets ready by changing clothes, puts on face lotion, combs his hair, sprays cologne, and link his cuffs. I hand him his coat and bag. He rushes out the door as he tells me, "See you later". I wave at him until he closes the door. Now the house is to myself but what I choose to do, go back to sleep. I woke up too early, so I need to catch my Z's. After a few hours, I would wake up and freshen up myself. The house is already clean, since we don't have any pets or kids, but I clean anyways to get the dust off of things. At around 2, I would step outside into the courtyard to greet the other neighbors. I get to see the usual three, Maria, Jen, and Stephanie. The three always has some sort of gossip to share. Maria is a marked woman with male twins. The twins are 5 years old. She would complain on how much of a hassle it is to take care of her family. Jen is a young woman who lives with her boyfriend. She is usually the one with gossip. Stephanie is a cat lady. She has 3 cats and 8 kittens. I would usually see her with different colors of fur on her. Since it's the summer, we would sit on a bench in the courtyard and talk away. If it was winter, we would take turns going to each other's houses, have tea and spill the "tea".

I couldn't help myself but keep glancing over at the house that's directly across from mine. Deep deep down inside, I'm really hoping no one comes outside to talk to us. I really didn't mean to watch what was going on but how can I not since it was in my view. The ladies and I chatted for an hour and then went in. I let out a small sigh of relief because no one stepped out of that house of unknown wonders.

Usually I would watch TV until my husband comes home, which would be at 5pm. But today, I took my laptop and decided to look for a job. Doing the same routine everyday finally caught up to me and I was extremely bored. The neighboring ladies have nice stories to tell but I would live to see more people. I searched up companies nearby and looked for entry-level jobs. Luckily there were a couple. One is from a magazine company. They wanted a receptionist who can file, answer calls, greet people, and other related tasks. The other is from a supermarket. They needed a cashier. I applied to both and waited for a response. Surprisingly, I received one from the magazine company within an hour. I guess they are desperate for a receptionist. The email stated: