10

I pressed my lips onto Dylan's. I really can't believe I broke a clause, one week into signing the contract. But I had to do something to protect Dylan. He is my boss and Party A after all. If something were to happen to him, I would be done for as well.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Kate, frozen in place with her mouth wide open. Everyone in the room went 'ooooohhhhh' as they watched the only couple romantically embracing each other. Well I wouldn't say this is entirely romantic.

"You're aware you're broke a clause of the contract." He whispered into my lips.

"Mhmm". I slightly nodded with regrets.

"Looks like you have to accept the punishment." He continued to whisper as he let out a small smirk.

"Mhmm." I repeated.

"Alright, might as well." Dylan pulled me in closer. All I was doing was brushing my lips onto his. He parted my lips and tenderly clasped onto mine. His hand traveled up my cheek and cupped my face as he took his time getting to know my lips. My mind was starting to go blank. For a bit, I forgot why our lips are together. I couldn't think about anything but the fact that Dylan's lips were taking their sweet time with mine. I closed my eyes and followed along. The crowd grew wild. There were many men whistling at us and many women swooning out of jealousy. I guess they were calling us lucky for having such hot and young love.

Dylan pulled away and rested both of his hands on my shoulders. He glanced up over my head and I saw his eyes travel to his right. I turned around and saw Kate storm out of the banquet. Dylan spun me around so we both faced the audience.

"Please do carry on. The banquet still goes on. If you'd like to have your own heated session, please by all means!" Dylan let out a small laugh like everyone else before carrying on. Everything and everyone went back to normal.

Dylan grabbed my wrist and we exited the banquet hall. We walked to the bed of the hallway and made a left. We entered another hallway that no one enters because it's a hallway that only leads to the emergency exit.

Dylan let go of my wrist. "Care to tell me what that was about"? He had a calm and collective face.

"I sincerely apologize for not giving you a warning. I was in the bathroom and Kate walked in. At first she spoke about how she couldn't recognize me. Then she spoke about how you two were never done and she was ready to make a move. I told her you guys were done but she said the opposite. I was worried she would possibly ruin your reputation in this significant event, so this was the best I could think of. Once again, I apologize." I was on the verge of tears as I told him the truth. It was really unintentional but I feel like I've betrayed what I originally had, my marriage.

Dylan stepped closer and rested his hand on my shoulder. "If any tears fall out, your make up will mess up and people will think I did something to you." I look up and saw a small, friendly smirk on his face. I felt the warmth Dylan was radiating. "I understand it was uncalled for and was not intentional. Kate could've done something terribly wrong and you stepped in when honestly you didn't have to. You're probably worried that this will get out into the media and your face will be everywhere. Don't worry, I'll let everyone know not to leak out any photos. You don't have to worry about Ethan." I looked up and glanced at Dylan when he mentioned Ethan. How did he know I was worried about that. "I know I may look like a reckless, cold boss. But I actually know what people think about and how to be concerned towards others." He wiped a tear off my face which I didn't realize escaped my eye.

"Thank...you Dylan". I breathed out a smile.

"No, thank you. You really didn't have to play hero, but I'm actually glad you did because now I have a maid for a day!" He chuckled devilishly.