4. XIAO ZHAN'S POV

WHPMY
XIAO ZHAN'S POV

Image above: COOL XIAO ZHAN

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

"What are you doing here?" Hai Kuan queried as soon as he sat at the chair in front of me. He slammed his black and white North Face backpack on the table adding one more reason why the folks around kept on glancing at my direction. "You don't go to this kind of restaurant."

"I'm sorry you have to take a flight and sit your ass for one and a half hour in an airplane just to be here. You hungry? Get something to eat, I'll pay," I dipped my fries to the ketchup and directed it to the counter where people went when they order in this food place with its cashier and personnel's. I don't know what they call it.

"Don't play dumb, your mom worries for you,"

I looked at him not interested, "She's worried? Yeah right! She may be worried but to the idiocy reality that they have to cancel the wedding because I went MIA."

"MIA?"

"Missing in action," I have to enlighten him with the meanings of the abbreviations I continually use to avoid this kind of question.

"Wait, what wedding?" My best friend didn't have any clue to what I am chattering about.

"Tonight, at my birthday party my mom will announce that I'm going to marry someone I don't fucking know. For money, fame and to broaden their associates in the business world of course,"

"Too cliché," he commented.

I snorted, "Yeah, what do they think of me? Prince Charming from a fairy tale book?"

"No, princes don't drive jets and tanks, you are more like a man version of Maleficent minus the goodness in her heart," he scowled.

"I'll take that as a compliment," I said and we both laughed.

Hai Kuan was an aerospace engineer who's completing his degree as an apprentice in my company, the other branch of the mother ship corporation of my father, we've got seventy-two branches worldwide but the most prominent of them all was in China, North Korea, Germany, Russia, Algeria, Kazakhstan and Pakistan. He caught my attention to that time he was presenting his outline of a new warhead that can be use by jet fighters and naval ships. Well, he passed and we handed him the certification. He deserved it. The plan was magnificent that I offered him a deal to include it to the list of my weapon production. After meeting and talking about things we both fond of, guns, we became close friends.

"Did you know why you end up here? In this small coastal area? This is miles away from Beijing." He turned to the window and stared at the seagulls that resting on the rocks far from us.

"I don't know but I am sure the old butler knows,"

"Here, my laptop we can video call him," he snatched his laptop from his bag ang I logged in on a social media platform.

The butlers account was there waiting to be accepted. I saw unread messages from him in my board. He fears for me. I pressed 'enter' and I saw him. He was in his office with clean suit and white specks on his hair.

"Lincoln," I called the name of the only look out I have from our manor.

"Young Master, good afternoon sir, are you alright?" He was primarily the man who regarded me as his own son. When my parents were away to take care of our businesses, he was there making me understand that they'd do it for my future but I never listened. I only choose what sentences I like to set on my mind because most human beings were only good in words not in action. They do not care about anybody but themselves.