Chapter 10: Everything Will Be Ok

Ava's outfit:)

Ava's PoV:

In the last 35 minutes, I was approaching my death. Nearly killed in 2 avoidable car accidents if it weren't for my mind wandering around to the hearing, thinking how am I going to handle the situation.

I let out a sigh of relief, once I pull in the state prison, knowing I safely made it here.
After going inside, I go through the routinely security check and go wait in the room for Noah to show up.

Should I tell him about my ex boyfriend being the prosecutor?
Why would it even matter to him, I just need to get my head in the game and stop overthinking the shit out of things.
Everything will be ok.
I just need to forget all about him and focus my attention on winning.

The sound of the door handle snaps me out of the overthinking party going on inside my brain.

In walks Noah, taking the seat across from me.
"Hey, how are you doing?" I genuinely ask.
"Doing great mama orsa" he says and I fight a forming smile on my lips.

I clear my throat " So, just before I came here I received the file of the hearing" I motion to the file on the table.
He takes a quick glance at it, then fixes his eyes on me.
"Overall, this is looking good for us. The DNA test of the victim's blood doesn't match yours, and all they got left was your footprints which is circumstantial "
The state takes this type of cases seriously, they're assigning one of the top prosecutors to handle the case, but I'm doing my best to make sure you are free before the trial ".

I contemplate telling him about Sam, then decide against it.
He nods, showcasing he understood what I said.
We go over some more details, just to make sure I've got everything covered.
I explain to him what happens at hearings, how bail works, what evidence the state might mention, what arguments they are likely to use and some formalities of the courtroom.
He paid attention through all of it, though he never talked much.

He seemed a little off which caused me to be sad and concerned for him.
Was life in prison leaving it's imprint on him?
How's it really like being trapped here in 4 walls?
Our meeting is over, and I get up and mutter a quick goodbye and go for the door.

Øøøø

It's 8:30 p.m and I had just finished writing my argument for the hearing.
I stretch up from my couch, a yawn escaping my mouth.
I save the argument, email it to Lily, so she can finalize and print it out for me.
My mind is at ease knowing I had my argument ready.
I go into the kitchen, boil some water and make noodles.
I bring the bowl with me upstairs to my room accompanied by a fork.
I gulp down on my comfy bed, pushing the sheets to the side while holding the bowl of noodles in one hand and the spoon in another.
I pick up the remote control from my bedside table and put on Netflix.
Teen Wolf is on.
What else could I ask for when Dylan O'brien is there to fill the holes in my heart?

I finish the bowl relatively fast, only 7 minutes into the episode and set it aside.
I now pull my silky sheets on, loving the nature of their touch on my skin.
I set my pillow in a weird position, where it's not completely a sitting position neither a sleeping position.
Just perfectly allowing me to watch tv comfortably.
After a few minutes I start feeling my eyes closing warily, indicating towards a much deserved sleep after a week of nonexistent rest.
And this time I'm too lazy and tired to fight it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:

-What do you think happens next?

-Do you suffer from lack of sleep?

- Are you an early bird or a night owl?

Thanks for reading, please vote;)