Chapter 14: Everything Is Better Now

Ava's PoV:

I pull him inside and make sure to lock the door behind me.
He looks puzzled, as hesitating what to do. I was sobbing, my body shaking, hands trembling that I go for him to calm my body.
I hug him tight and his arms go around my back and they pat my back up and down continuously. I snuggle my head further in his shirt and he tightens his hold on me.

He kisses the top of my head and I close my eyes crying my eyeballs out.
After my sobs turned to hiccups, and hiccups died down we go sitting face to face on the couch.
A few moments of silence pass and I decide to finally tell him.

" Sam and I go way back since law school. We started dating in senior year up until 2 years ago"
I try to recollect myself again.
"At first it was all great, he sure had his temper but it was nothing serious "
I inhale a deep breath for what I'm about to tell him.
"Slowly, he started changing, revealing more of his true self to me. He started beating me up when he got mad over something. It's like I was his personal punching bag to let off steam"
My voice cracks at the last part.
"2 years ago, I got out from his grip when things got really ugly.
He was no longer just beating me up, that I could handle. It was the forced sex, putting out his cigarettes on my skin like I'm an ashtray, he even cut my thigh with kitchen knives."
A tear escapes my left eye.

" And the worst thing is I let him do this to me. I was so frightened by him that my resistance wore off easily.
He is a well known prosecutor, and I'm a defense attorney. After breaking up with him I kept trying my best to avoid him, giving up so many cases because I didn't want to meet him again.
And what is worse, is that no one knows a thing, so they all think he's this great guy when in fact he's the complete opposite "

I look up to his eyes and they're so soft, with pain shining through them.
He grabs my hand in his and starts drawing smooth circles, calming my nerves down.

He then opens his arms and I snuggle into his chest, my safe haven at the moment and his chin rests on top of my head "shh.. everything is better now"
He whispers in my ear and I hug him impossibly closer.

A while passed with us in that position, and I feel myself getting sleepy, my eyelids heavier with every passing moment.
Then, he keeps an arm on my back and hooks one under my knees, picking me up bridal style and the last thing I see is him heading towards the stairs.

A few moments later I find myself lying on a gentle surface- my bed.
He brings the sheets up, covering me and presses a kiss to my forehead.

Just when he was turning around ready to leave I grab his hand " Can you stay please?" It comes out more of a whisper but he hears it nonetheless.

I pad the empty space next to me and he takes in a deep breath and nods climbing into bed next to me.

At first there were a few inches separating us and my body ached for his touch, hence I approached him. Putting my cheek against his chest and my hand around him. At the beginning he tenses yet after a bit his whole posture relaxes and his hand drapes my waist pulling me closer to his body and I get to enjoy the heat radiating off of him.

My eyes are closed, yet I'm not completely asleep.
He kisses my head time after time "I'll never let anything bad happen to you ever again " he whispers faintly and I hear it.
A smile finds it's way to my lips.

Now I can go to sleep peacefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:

I've been dying to write this chapter, it just feels so right:))

- What do you think of it?

-Do you open up to people easily about your past?

Thanks for reading, please vote;)