Chapter 21: I'm Not Sure Anymore

Ava's PoV:

Since my last meeting with Noah, all I've been successfully doing is watching movies and eating ice cream.

I've watched 'A Walk to Remember' like 4 times now on the course of 3 days. I curse Nickolas Sparks for writing these heart paining stories.
Every time I reach the scene where Jaimie tells Landon she's diagnosed with Leukemia, I lose it and cry my eyeballs out.

It's 9:40 p.m and I'm alone in bed, it's dark and the only light is the one coming from the tv where the end credits are rolling.

I suddenly hear a knock on my door.

Who the hell might that be?

I'm not expecting anyone at this time, and I'm pretty sure it's not the pizza delivery guy since I know for a fact I didn't order pizza tonight.

I get out of bed, making my way towards the door.

Please don't be Sam again.

I look through the glass eye and to my dismay, Sam isn't standing there.
Actually, no one is standing there.

I open the door carefully, expecting a ninja to show up out of nowhere, but no one appears.

All I'm met with is a small package at my door step.

Interesting. What that might be?

I take the small box in my hands with utter caution, not wanting to set off the bomb inside. You know in case it was a ticking time bomb.

I close the door and make sure to lock it after checking the hallway and finding no one to be there.
Who the mystery sender may be?

Once I'm inside I set the box on the table in front of the living room couch.

Yes, the infamous couch where Noah broke up with me at.

I take a deep breath inspecting the box for any notes I might've missed.
There are non.

I open it with gentle hands, finding a CD.

Who sent me this?
Why did they do it?
What can possibly be on that CD?
What if someone is blackmailing me?
Oh my God, this can possibly ruin my reputation and send my career down the drain.

I shake off the disturbing thoughts away from my head and take the CD and put it in its player near the tv.

What is being displayed on the screen is unbelievable.

My eyes get huge from watching, my mouth slightly agape conveying the shock passing right through me.

The CD shows Noah walking off in the distance with another figure coming in the screen in the crime scene near his victim, probably so he could finish what he started and killing the victim before she gets the chance to get away.
And the best thing that it's dated and time is displayed at the corner, just like a surveillance camera.

This can actually exonerate Noah.
He won't have to spend his whole life in jail for something he didn't do.

I let out a breath of relief. At least I'm 100 percent sure I didn't sleep with a murderer and a rapist.

We can actually be together.

I go inside my bedroom, get dressed in whatever clothes I find and grab my phone and car keys.
I need to show this to Noah.

I grab the box, placing the CD inside of it, carrying it on my way out with trembling hands.

I almost forgot to lock the door behind me due to my overzealousness.
I fish out my phone from my back pocket and quickly type " We need to talk. ASAP" and send it to - you guessed it right - Noah.

I'm actually crying happy tears on my way to his house.

We can finally be together!
He will be free.

Maybe after all of this is over we can..

This is what I last remember before hearing the sound.
Boom.
The car is flipping in the air.

And then darkness is all I can see.

Øøøø

Noah's PoV:

It's close to 10 p.m in the evening when I get a text from Ava saying 'We need to talk. ASAP'.
I wonder what that might be about?

Perhaps she's wasted and is drunk-texting me?

No, the Ava I know won't do this, but you can never know what breakups do to people.

I type "Ok, I'm home if you want to come over"
But I get no response.
Weird.

Øøøø

It's 10:30 and still nothing.
No Ava, no text.

11:30 now and still nothing.
I sigh and decide to go back to sleep.
It's either she was drunk when she sent this, or the text was meant for someone else or all this is a prank.

I'm not sure anymore.

It's not until 1 a.m when a ringing wakes me up from my deep slumber.

I pick up my phone from the beside table and find the caller ID unidentified.

Who calls at 1 in the morning?!
Half asleep I press the green button in order to answer.

My voice comes out groggy "Hello?"

"Yes, Hi. We're calling from..."

To be continued ..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:

-Have you ever been in a car accident?

-Do you answer calls when it's 'No Caller ID' ?

-What is your dream car?
(Mine is a Lamborghini, preferably black)

Thanks for reading, please vote ;D