Chapter 25: Kiss Sleep Goodbye for a While

Ava's PoV:

*3 weeks passed*

The ringing of my phone startles me, as I'm lying on my bed engrossed heavily in my thoughts.

It's been 3 weeks, and I still haven't told anyone anything.
I tried balancing out my meals, in hopes of keeping my physique in shape. Though I must admit, you could probably find me digging in the fridge at unholy hours of the night sometimes. Clearly failing my mission.

I had some really awful days, and surprisingly some good days as well.
Some days I would spent way too long on my bathroom tiles, throwing up constantly.
Other days I wouldn't get sick and would go on normally with my life.

I guess it's just hormones.

I pick up my ringing phone from my bedside table, checking the caller ID, seeing who it was I pressed answer, taking the phone near my ear.
"Hey Lils" my voice comes out dragged, tired perhaps.

"Hey, I was going through some files and encountered the one for Noah's trial"
There seems to be a pause. She's hesitant whether she should tell me something or not.

"Lily, what is it?" I honestly had no mood for beating around the bush.

"Well, his trial is in 2 days. I guess you haven't really noticed since you've been sick and all"

Oh. My. Gosh.
His trial is in 2 days.

"What about the trial Lily?" I wanted to know how his case was being handled.
I hoped they reached somewhere. Somewhere as in Noah gets to walk away. Though I didn't want to sound very pushy or nosy.

"Umm, there's not much to it. We haven't got any new evidence, so we'll have to rely on convincing the jury and getting them to sympathize ".

My guts stir, knowing full on that juries rarely lets someone walk away freely without conclusive evidence proving their innocence.
The chances of winning the case are slim.

"So Noah still doesn't want to accept the prosecution's deal?" I can't help but ask.

"No, he's adamant that he didn't do it and that there's no way he would confess to doing it"

So he still hasn't changed his mind?

"Are you umm, coming?" Lily asks me after I hadn't said anything in response to what she said.

Do I want to go?

More importantly, does he want me there?

We haven't seen each other since that day in the hospital when I found out I'm pregnant.

I thought long and hard about what I should do, settling in the end on not telling him.
At least not yet. I don't know if I would tell him later on, but definitely not now.

"Seriously Lily, I'm not sure. I'll think about it though" I truthfully place my hesitation.

She seems to know that there's thinking I need to do "Ok, talk to you later"

I mutter a quick goodbye and throw the phone on the bed.

I put one hand under my head, my other hand on my chest and head facing the ceiling.

I guess I'll have to kiss sleep goodbye for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:

-Do you're sleep easily? Or do you stay up thinking about things at night?

-let's settle this for once and for all:
Does Pineapple belong on PIZZA??
(I for once think it doesn't)

Thanks for reading, please vote ❣️