Chapter 13: I Didn't Realize I Was Sobbing Until Now

Ava's PoV:

I'm finally home after this long tiring day taking up all of my energy.
The hearing and all, facing Sam, Noah being free for now, going to lunch with Lily and finally driving her home before I drove myself to mine.

I sigh in relief as I unlock my front door, thinking I got Noah his freedom for now, so it's all worth it at the end of the day.

Once I'm inside, I notice it's 5:30 p.m, all thanks to Lily who insisted we grab lunch before we head home, shocked when I told her I hadn't eaten anything since morning.
I'm kind of grateful for her stubbornness, because I do feel much better after eating.
I set my things on the couch in the living room and head upstairs to my bedroom.
Taking my suit and heels after this hectic day is seriously the best feeling in the world.
I draw myself a hot bath with scented red petals in it.
A much deserved relaxation for my body as an apology for the last few intense weeks.
Once I'm in the bath, my muscles instantly relax, the stress and intensity all disappearing into thin air.

Øøøø

After my relaxing bath, I go to my bedroom and put on my silky pajama loving the feel of the fabric on my skin.
I blow dry my hair, and generously smear myself with lotion.
I look up at the clock and it's 7:30 p.m.

My immensely hard work the last few weeks has earned me a day off tomorrow and I couldn't be happier about it

I gulp down on my bed watching an episode of The Umbrella Academy, and before I can say anything an episode turns to 2 and 2 turns to 4.
I'm currently on the fifth episode when I hear noise coming from downstairs, I turn off the tv and silently start ascending down the stairs to see where is the noise coming from.

What if it's a serial killer and I'm his next victim?
I'm definitely watching too much of 'YOU' on Netflix.

I mean living alone has it's perks, but this situation is a perfect example of a disadvantage.
My heart is beating against my ribcage.

Once I'm down, I notice the noise coming from the front steps.
I head there and see through the glass eye on the door Sam. Drunk with a bottle of whiskey in one hand while the other is knocking on my door, while slurring his words.

My heartbeat picks up at the instant and fear fills my stomach.
What the hell does he want?
"Sam, you're drunk. Please go home" I try knocking some sense into him.
He trips almost falling, but then steadying himself with the wall " Open up Ava, I just want to talk to you like old days"

I certainly am not falling for his shit, especially since he seems to have developed a drinking problem.
"I'm not opening the door Sam, you should head home"

He chuckles and his hand comes in contact with the door numerous times, beating violently.

Ok, now I'm seriously scared.

I pick my phone up and dial the first person coming to my mind - Noah.
He picks up on the second ring "Ava? Is everything alright?!" He asks, his voice laced with concern.
" Umm, I know it's late. But he's here.. drunk and I think he's going to hurt me. Can you please come?"
I didn't realize I was sobbing till now.
"Text me your address. I'm on my way"

Sam seems to be under the influence of whiskey that he keeps slapping his hand against my door with such force, I'm wincing with each slap waiting for Noah to arrive.

After a few minutes, I see a figure coming close to my front door and thank god it's Noah and not some other drunk dude.

I look through the glass eye, spotting Noah facing Sam "Hey, dude she said she doesn't want you in. So leave"

Sam stands fully on his two feet, although I suspect at any given moment he will fall due to him being drunk.
He lets go of the bottle, and shapes his hand in a form of a fist to punch Noah.
Only it takes him too long, since Noah is sober and has quick reflexes he dodges it easily.
Noah then punches him in the ribcage and grabs him by the collar and starts beating him up.
Sam winces with pain, not fighting him back.
After a few punches, I open the door "Noah, stop he's had enough "
And he lets go of him with a clenched jaw.

Sam picks up his bottle and whatever left of his pride and starts leaving.
"If I ever see you around her again I'm not holding back, drunk or sober" Noah shouts his warning and I grab his arm and pull him inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:

-What do you think of this chapter?

- Do you drink?

- Whiskey or Vodka?

Thanks for reading, please vote:))