Chapter Seven: Midnight Meadows

I stayed shocked. Chaos? Like the almighty being?

"Yes little one, the almighty being." He rose to his feet and started walking. "Come." I ran after him. Man he has long strides.

"I'm Aurelie by the way." He hummed, signaling he heard me. "Um, where are we going?"

"Well you do have a camp to go to." He smiled, but I stopped where I was. No no no no no.

"I-I do not wish to go back." I mumbled with tears spilling down my face.

He picked me up and wiped my tears. "Don't worry. I have some body guards and I will come by often." I smiled into his chest and whispered a thank you.

We got out and I tried to look up, but he put my head back down. I was confused, why can't I look up?

"I don't want you to see what's here." I nodded and buried my face into his shoulder. We got to the exit and he stepped into the elevator. Music started to play and it was pretty. When we stepped back I looked back and it shimmered into nothing.

"Wha..." I wondered and Chaos shushed me. I looked at where we were, and we were at the big house. Chaos set me down and I looked around with a smile on my face. Nico came in and noticed the aura that Chaos had around him. He looked at him for a minute, before his eyes widened and he fell to the floor. I gasped, it looked like he fell.

"Good evening, Lord Chaos. Thank you for finding Aurelie, we have been looking for her." I smiled, yes I'm glad someone found me. I reached in my bag and pulled out a grey and black flower crown. I put it on nicos head and he looked up in surprise.

He pulled me down and I wS confused. "Aurelie, you must bow, he is a deity-" before he could finish I was whisked into Chaos' arms.

Nico fell back in surprise. Chaos smiled at him, "There is no need to bow, she is my mate." Nico fainted. Uh oh.

"I need to find Will!" I yelled, trying to get out of Chaos' grasp.

"Stop. Be still." Chaos commanded and I immediately stopped in his arms and relaxed into them.

"What's the ruckus..." Chiron questioned, but it fell short when he saw Chaos.

He immediately bowed too. "Lord Chaos! How wonderful of you to grace our camp with your presence.

"You may rise. I was here to drop Aurelie off. She is my mate." Chiron gasped in surprise but quickly covering it up. "Oh of course of course, would you like to stay the night?"

Chaos thought about it. "That would be wonderful Chiron. Gosh, it's been what, 500 years since I've been here? Time flies." He chuckled.

Chiron chuckled too. "Yes, we have many more campers than we did long ago. Let me show you to your room." He trotted always, and Chaos set me down.

"Come, Aurelie." He beckoned for me to follow and I happily trotted after him. I passed Percy and Annabeth and they were awestruck.

"Hi guys!" I smiled and walked up to them.

"Aurelie, don't stray." Chaos said, looking behind him. I smiled over to him.

"I'll talk to you guys later!" I smiled and bounced over to my mate. He put his hand on my back and I smiled.

"So why are you staying here?" I asked, looking around at everything.

He chuckled and looked ahead. "I need to make sure you're ok before I leave for a while."

"Wait, what? Why are you leaving?!" I stammered, looking into his eyes.

"I have things to take care of little one, I will visit you frequently. Being a deity is a full time job. I was in Tartarus checking up on it, making sure it runs smoothly."

I nodded. That nice of him. I don't know what's in Tartarus, but it must be important.

"Run along, it must be time for your dinner." He smiles. Kissing me on my head, I walk out and find Annabeth and Percy.

"Hi guys! Wha-" I see them staring at me. "Hello?"

"What is going on?" Percy asks, he looks as if he's going to fight someone.

"To be honest, I don't really know myself. Would you like a flower crown?" Grinning, I pulled some out of my bag. "Oh. These are my last ones. I need to go make more." I run off, seeing Annabeth and Percy run after me. I find my horse and pet her. Feeding her apples, I hum a little song. My mother taught me it when I was younger.

I love you a bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck
A hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap and I'm talkin' in my sleep

I brushed her mane and gave her a kiss on the nose after saying goodnight. Around camp, everything was blissful. I found a basket and put some of the berries they grow at camp into it. I love strawberries so much.

About you, about you
'Cause I love you a bushel and a peck
You bet your purdy neck I do
A doodle oodle oh
A doodle oodle oodle oh doo

I skipped across camp and made my way to the edge of the forest. It seems dark for some reason. I go inside the forest, swinging my basket.

I love you a bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck though you make my heart a wreck
Make my heart a wreck and you make my life a mess
Make my life a mess, yes a mess of happiness

I found the meadow as it was beginning sunset. The sound of a conch shell was heard in the distance, I hope I don't get in trouble. No it's fine. Fireflies came out of hiding, and they tickled me arms. As I weaved, they seemed to float around me, guiding my hands. A family of deer came out of the forest, and a fawn wobbles up to me. I reached into my basket and pull out a strawberry. The fawns eyes light up as I bring it to him. It eats it from my hand and then lays it's head on my lap. I start to sing my song again, and as I do more animals come out of the woods.

About you, about you
'Cause I love you a bushel and a peck
You bet your purdy neck I do
A doodle oodle ooh doo
A doodle oodle oodle ooh doo

I lay back, and watch the fireflies dance around me, and animals rest their heads near where I'm sitting. I eventually fall asleep to the sounds of buzzing and the whispers of flowers, aching for you to hear their story.
Oops. I didn't mean for this to sound like a dog😂
o_O. But whatever. He's also not used to human girls, especially his mate, so he doesn't know how to talk to them. She looks like she's being babied a bit, and it will be explained further in the book with the prophecy. By the way he doesn't get hungry like the gods lolllll. Also vanilla_aries inspired me with the song and I love it.