Chapter Eight: Why Is This Bed So Tall?

I wake up in someone's arms. I take in a deep breath, Chaos. I snuggle in further, but it seems to not want me to do that. I wake up fully, my eyes fluttering open to reveal a navy toga. I guess I haven't noticed the pattern on it before. It's of civilization through history, and some I don't recognize. I look up and Chaos is looking forward with a frown on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask, nervous that he was mad at me.

"Little one, you shouldn't have done that. There are bad things in the woods. You could have gotten hurt or worse." He stopped and tilted my head up. "I don't want you going there alone, understand?" I nod, tears welling in my eyes.

"I-I'm sorry, I did not mean to anger you, it will not happen again!" I sob out.

"Shh, it's ok. I'm not mad at you." He wipes my tears, pulling me close. I sniffle and bury deeper into his chest.

We get to the room, and he sets me on the bed. I go to my backpack and pull out a nightgown and my laptop. I pad to the bathroom and change into my light purple nightgown. I take out my flower crown and put my hair in a loose braid.

Chaos knocks on the door and I open it. His eyes scan my body, and an emotion of something I don't know flashes through his eyes.

"Um... I don't know where to put my dirty clothes. Where is the hamper?" I question, looking around again.

"I will take it. You can sit on the bed, I will be right there." I nod and climb onto the bed. It's very high. I open my laptop and click on my movies. Hmm what's the WiFi password. I need to tell Chaos where I'm going. I get off the bed with minimal problems and pad to the door. I softly knock and Chaos sticks his head out.

"May I go get the WiFi password?" I look down feeling shy.

"What is a WiFi password? And no, you cannot go out in that." I look down at my nightgown. Sure it's a little tight, I grew a bit. Wait does he think I'm fat?! I start panicking oh no no no no no.

"Little one you are not fat. You may go if you have a jacket on." He says and closes the door.

I drag my fleece out and put it on. Grabbing my laptop I go into the commons area. I see people playing games and hanging out before bed. I walk over to the 7 and tap piper on the shoulder.

"E-excuse me Piper? What's the WiFi password?" She smiles and laughs, throwing her head back. Everyone else stifles a laugh.

"Oh, there's no WiFi here! I know, torture right?" She laughs and motions for me to sit. I sit down warily. Chaos didn't say I could do this, only ask for the WiFi password. Well he didn't tell me I couldn't sooo.

I smile at the new guy. "Hi, I'm Aurelie! I'm new here."

"I'm Frank, sorry for almost shooting you with an arrow." He chuckles.

I giggle. "It's ok. I better get going or chaos will freak out."

Everything in the game room stops. They all turn, mouths agape. My cheeks immediately turn red.

"Wait, Chaos? Like the all powerful deity?" Jason sputters out.

"Um, yes. He's my mate..." I shift in my seat, feeling uncomfortable. "Well, I better go. Thank you for informing me for the WiFi predicament." I nervously smile and walk away, holding my laptop close to me. I hear whispers and gazes that linger upon me. I feel embarrassed. Why were people so shocked when I said it?

I finally get to my room and let out a sigh as I close the door behind me. Chaos is ther in a second sniffing and circling around me.

"Go take a shower. I can sense their gazes and their scent on you." I scurry into the shower, not bothering to lock the door. I take a nice long hot shower and clear my mind. I try not to get my hair, since there doesn't seem to be any hair dryers here. My hair always goes funky when I air dry it. I step out of the shower and dry myself off. I put back on my nightgown and pad into the bedroom.

I see Chaos stand up and stalk toward me. His eyes are icy, and I'm worried I did something wrong. He grabs my arm and pulls me into the bathroom. Turning on the shower, he faces me.

"Undress."

The tone alone has me almost throwing my clothes off, but now I waver.

"Come on little one, I want to get to bed." He growls, taking a step toward me. I gulp and slowly take off my nightgown and undergarments.

He nods to the shower and I step in, making sure not to get my hai- ohhhh. Crap. I didn't think that would be a problem. Aw man now my hairs gonna be all funky. I feel hands guide my head into the water and massage my scalp. Gentle hands massage shampoo and rinse it out. Before I know it the shower is off and I'm wrapped in a thick fluffy towel. I'm turned around and before I know it his lips are on mine he picks me up as we share the heavenly bond. As we pull apart, he leaves and I'm left pondering whether to risk putting on my old nightgown and undergarments. Sue me I like that color. Before I know it he comes back with one of my rose colored nightgowns and matching undergarments and hands them to me. My face probably turned the color of my nightgown as I grab them. Did he see my undergarments? Of course he did Aurelie of course he did. I towel dry my hair as best I could and put into the braid again so the damp waves are out of my face. I bounce out of the bathroom and get into bed with a little bit of problem solving. Seriously who makes beds this high, and large? Oh for the gods. I realized I didn't know his height. It's never come across my mind since then. His back is turned towards me and he looks around 7 feet. Dang. He's big and muscular, so so muscular. Stop it Aurelie that's not good to think about that stuff. I fluff up the pillows and slide into the comforter, moaning at how soft they are. Before I know it I'm pulled into a muscular chest and i yawn. I fall asleep to the cicadas and the rhythm of his heart.
Girl I'm sure he's thinking of way worse stuff than you😂😂😂 I love writing through her perspective and what she does because this would be what I would do. I have major mood swings like she does. Sometimes she's timid as a mouse, sometimes she's as energetic as a bee. It helps me make a complex character that will come out in future chapters.