Chapter Fourteen: The Two Crackheads

Milos POV woahhhhhh

We got Aurelie into an intense game of air hockey with Will. That should keep her occupied for 5 minutes or so.

I looked at Sullivan and he was about ready to quit life. "Hey are you ok?" I bumped his shoulders and he sighed.

"No, I'm not. We have to protect a deities mate, who probably can't even fight." We heard Nico snort in response.

"What's so funny?" Sullivan growled. "It's true."

Nico turned around. "Actually, when at her highest power level she took out Percy in 4 seconds. She does this weird thing where sometimes her power levels boost to almost a godly level. That's what happened a month or so ago. She got a random power boost and took out Percy in 4 seconds with a sword. She has amazing natural ability and she can teleport. Shadow travel and traveling through the humidity in the air. She's a little thing, and she gets scared easily. That's why I was so different." He narrowed his eyes at us. "Don't underestimate her, but she gets spooked. So try to be careful. We don't want the entire earth destroyed because Aurelie got tetanus."

"MILO! GUESS WHAT, I BEAT WILL!" Oh crap, that was only a minute and a half!

The conch horn blew, and I sighed in relief. Aurelie froze, and bolted out the door. Me and Sullivan cursed and ran after her. Where did she go?

"Yellow in the strawberry fields." Sullivan said. Thank goodness we found her. I started whistling and walked to where she was. I sat down next to her and kept whistling. After a couple minutes she peeked her head out and smiled.

"I love that song." She sniffled and uncurled herself from her little cocoon. Sullivan walked up and sat across from us, utterly perplexed.

"What's wrong Aurelie?" I ask, looking at her spooked face. Nico was right, she gets spooked by a lot.

"So-something bad always happens when I go to the pavilion." She starts tearing up.

"Hey, why don't you sit with me and Sullivan? Would that cheer you up?" She nods and I stand up,giving her my hand out for her to grab. Sullivan does the same. We pull her up and walk to the pavilion. Dinner is in full swing, and everyone's strewn about since a lot of people are in school. I lead her over to Percy and Annabeth, and their little gang. Aurelie smiles at them and sits down. Me and Sullivan sit on either side of her.

"Wow, this is nice, I've never been here and seen the beauty of it." She smiles, and I smile too.

"I guess." Sullivan says.

"Dude you ruined the mood!" I said glaring at him. Aurelie giggled. I must be doing something right.

Percy leans over and talks to Aurelie for a bit. I mostly zone out. But something catches my ears.

"Yeah, these two were stuck in a hole when we found them." Percy laughed, and Aurelie smiled.

"Oi, Percy! What the heck?!" I yelled.

"Gods, don't remind me." Sullivan said, crossing his arms.

Aurelie turned to me. "How were you stuck in a hole?"

I sighed, and looked to Sullivan. "It's a long story, buckle up." She laughs and turns a bit to face me. "So it's junior year ok? I had just moved from Vermont to the big city, and Sullivan was from Canada or something. He was the emo kid in the corner and I went up to him. Apparently I said something wrong and he punched me. Then it's like a full on war happened. Somehow I accidentally made a hole in the floor, and we fell through. Then Percy found us. I didn't think it was very funny." I saw Sullivan banging his head on the table and Aurelie trying to suppress a smile.

"Can we go now?" Sullivan muttered. Aurelie got up, still trying to not to laugh. I looked up after finishing a piece of bread and she was gone. I cursed in Greek. No no no no no. Whyyyy we've only had her for three hours. Sullivan looks panicked, and he grabs my arm as we shadow traveled away. We find ourselves in a meadow. Aurelie is in the middle weaving flowers.

"Are you freaking kidding me?" Sullivan growled. "This is going to be a mess."

I shoved him and strolled over to Aurelie. We towered over her, since we were around Percy's height. I was swinging a sword I found washed up on shore.

I stopped abruptly when a figure looked over Aurelie.

Sullivan immediately bowed down. "Father, how nice to see you." He said. Hades waved his hand dismissively and he stood up.

Aurelie turned around and smiled. "Hello! You're one of the people I gave the flower crowns too!" Hades chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"I am little one. I am very surprised that chaos let you out of his grasp. Apparently not even the ruler of the universe can change fate." He smiled and held her hand, walking back in the direction if camp.

"Forgive me for asking father, but why have you come?" Sullivan questions nervously.

"I was just making sure our guest made it here ok. Guard her with your lives boys. She is worth more than any of you can imagine. When you leave in the morning, make sure you have extra nectar and ambrosia. This is a dangerous quest,and It will take some adversity. Just know that you all bring something to this quest. It may not be what you think it is, but you will find on the journey." By now we were at the edge of camp. Hades vanished into the shadows after giving a reassuring nod to Sullivan.

"Ok Sullie! I'm going to call you that since I love Monsters Inc!" Aurelie giggled, skipping away.

"Don't call me that ever." He grumbled, keeping a close eye on Aurelie.

Sullivan jogs up to Aurelie and reprimanding her on leaving us. She retorted with it felt like it!' And it turned into a battle.

Dear lord, these crackheads will be the end of me.