Chapter Twenty Two: The Puzzle Pieces Of The Soul

I woke up in a bed with sun shining through the blinds. I yawn and sit up, thinking of how I got here. Suddenly everything came back to me and I gasped, running down the stairs and into the floor level of Leo and Calypsos Garage. "Aurelie, you're ok!" Calypso smiles and hugs me tight. "You had us so worried!"

"Where's Milo and Sullie?" I frown looking around.

"Um, about that-"

"Aurelie!" Sullie yells panicked but calms down when he sees me. "You're awake."

"Yeah! Where's Milo? What happened at the clock tower?"

"Milos not here. They took him instead of you two days ago. I'm going out to find him."

"Oh no! Let me get my things and we'll be off-"

"No." He growled turning around. "You aren't coming. It's too dangerous."

"And how do you know that?! Where is he anyways?"

"Tartarus." He said and looked to me. I was about to argue that I've already been there when he stopped me. "He's in Nyxs domain. She's behind this quest in more ways than one. Calypso and Leo will stay here to protect you. I don't want you getting hurt."

I frowned, tears filling my eyes. He went to go but I screamed, "Wait!" He turned around abruptly. I walked up to him slowly. My brought my forehead to his, feeling the power drain out of me and into him.

"How did you-" he asked bewildered.

"I don't really know, but it's the right thing to do. Go bring back our best friend." He nodded and went out the door. I sobbed and sunk to the ground. "This is all my fault Calypso. If I hadn't been so careless we wouldn't be in this situation. I know I couldn't have changed Sullies mind, it would be futile to try. He has to do it on his own."

"True love." She whispered. "It really is a powerful thing." She says in a reminiscent voice.

"With the love of two can it once again bind... oh my gosh." I whisper. The pieces were all coming together.

"Now they have to finish this on their own. The final battle approaches." She said in a weird tone.

"Are you ok?" I ask and her eyes were... pink. "Calypso?" I ask again nervously as her eyes went back to their hazel color.

"Aphrodite..." she said and stood up immediately. "Leo, get Festus ready! We're going to Olympus!"

"What?" I ask as she rushes around. Leo comes out confused as well.

"What's wrong sunshine?" He asks confused.

"IM Piper. We have to fight from the sidelines." She said and he nodded, making a rainbow.

"Oh goddess, accept my offering. Show me Piper at Camp Half Blood!"

The mist shimmered like a wave and Piper showed up kissing a boy. "Ew! Don't wanna see that!" He gagged.

"Leo! Where are you? Is something wrong?"

"Piper, we need your help." Calypso says frantically. "Did you notice anything between Milo and Sullivan?"

"Like what about them?"

"Like their aura, souls, chemistry." She said quickly.

"Um their chemistry was weird. I can't put my finger on it. I'm sure Nico could help more." She said and looked to the guy. "Well? Go get him! Hurry!" She said and the guy ran out and came back moments later with a grumbling Nico.

"Hey Leo what's up?" He drawled in a bored tone.

"Don't ask me, I'm just the chauffeur." He joked.

"Nico, did you notice anything off about Milo and Sullivan? Like with their souls?"

"That's confidential." He said with a stony face.

"Can you tell meeee?" I ask giving puppy dog eyes and he cracks. Hehe sucker.

"Fine, though she's gonna murder me for telling you. Milo and Sullivan... they have a complicated story that even they don't know about. They were once lovers but one died so the other killed themself. Aphrodite was so touched by their love that she made them reincarnate, and they do until they meet again which is this one. They've been birds, fish, wolves, and other creatures other than humans. I'm glad their suffering is over."

"Have you known all along?"

"I knew when they came to camp right after you. I could tell something was off with their souls so I consulted my father and he told me. Weird that I have a brother reincarnate." He laughs coldly.

"The threads of fate begin to unwind... oh my gosh." I whisper. "Of course! When the Gods messed with fate the fates went haywire. Though 'separate must they be', are they meant to always be apart?" This is literally too much to handle.

"Perhaps. But this has happened before. I don't see why this is the breaking point-"

"The breaking point! Maybe the fates are sick and tired of the Gods messing up fate that this was the last straw for them, and they wanted to just get rid of humans."

"They aren't- Nyx." Calypso breathed. "We have to earn Sullivan!"

"Are you following Nico?" Leo asked confused.

"For the most part. Do you guys need some extra power?"

Milos POV
I woke up with chains around me, blocking my powers. I growled and tried to rip them off the wall but I was no use. It was shaped in a way my feet dangled. Great. I groaned at the throbbing in my temple and came back with red all over my hands.

"Oh looks like he's awake!" A girl screech making me cringe. Why are my ears so sensitive?

"Yes dear he is. Why don't you go greet him?" A laugh resonated through the room as a blade sunk into my abdomen. I screamed in pain and surprise as she pulled out. It was a small girl, and she only looked around 6 or 7.

"What the..." I breathed before coughing violently.

"Mommy he's dying already!"

"Don't worry, he will last until his sweet little soulmate gets here then you can have your way."

The girl hummed and pranced around me while I fought to keep my eyes opened.

"Mother." A voice called through my darkness. "The moirai need you. Keres needs to go too."

"But he's almost dead! Just five more minutes?"

"No. Go with your sisters." She said and herded her out. As the mother left they exchanged a quiet conversation. The girl nodded and the woman smiled maniacally at me and left. When the two girls left the one approached me, quickly undoing my shackles and rushing me out of another door and down a hallway. "Mothers going to kill me." She whimpered as she set me down, looking at my open chest to examine the wound.

"What's going on? Who are you guys? Where am I?" I croaked out.

"I am Hemera, goddess of the day. And that woman is my mother, Nyx. I do not know exactly why you're here but your soulmate should be here soon."

"My what?"

"Your soulmate, Sullivan." I about passed out again at that. There's definitely been a mistake in the algorithm.

Ok ngl I like came up with this on the spot and am actually kinda proud of it
🤜🤛
Also this is a very Aphrodite thing to do and I don't blame the Fates for snapping. Lol I would be mad too if these people kept ruining my work😂