Chapter Seventeen: Dont Cut Me Off During Harry Potter!

A seven layer dip was set on the table as dinner was being prepared. We all inhaled it and were casually talking.

"So, now we need to get down to business. What did you find Milo?" He opened the scroll and we used our cups of lemonade to hold it down.

"Um, so this scroll says something like this has happened before." He says as his mom comes out with dinner.

"You all must be so tired, why don't you stay the night?" She smiles and I accept gratefully.

"Um yeah, thank you for dinner." Sullie glares and I kick him and shake my head, which makes him glare more. We ate the food in uncomfortable silence, with his mom watching us, well me to be exact with a scary smile on her face. We quickly trekked up to Milos room to finish talking.

His room looked like he was one of The Beach Boys. Old band posters were hung onto he walls, and surfboards were numerous.

"I don't trust your mom." Sullie said, as he fiddled with his sword.

Milo sighed and started stuffing things into a backpack. "Don't bring your phone." Sullivan growled. His tall frame dwarfed me, more than Milos even. His hair was messy and his eyes were almost black. His skin was so pale it was almost inhuman. He was muscled. I wonder if anyone likes him, I'd totally ship them!

Milo was the opposite. He was tanned, with a sun kissed body. Lean but muscled, he looked around 5'9". He always had a relaxed face, but it suddenly turned to panic.

"The cops. They're here." My eyes widened in fear and I ran to the bathroom and looked out the window. There were 5 cop cars out on the front lawn, and a policeman talking to Milos mother. We are soooo dead.

Sullie pulled me away and into Milos room. They pushed a heavy chest of drawers against the door and locked it. Milo opened a window and briefly looked down before jumping out. It was a two story fall, but Milo didn't get hurt.

I put one leg out the window but stopped. "You know Sullie, this is like the part in Harry Potter when he escapes the Dursley's with Ron-"

"Yeah that's nice." He said as he pushed me out the window, Milo catching me and he starts to run. I somehow managed to get on his back and I carried his backpack too. Once we got a bus stop we turned, only to fin Sullie not with us.

Milo cursed but bought 3 tickets with the credit card Chaos gave me. Chaos... I miss him.

"The bus leaves in an hour, let's go hang out at a diner or something. Sullivan will find us." I grin and look around.

"There's a small diner over there." I point and we make our way over.

We sat down at the diner, and right as we started to order Sullie burst in.

"I hate you all." He snarled and the waitress took a step back. I smiled and scooted over, offering him a spot.

"Hello, welcome to Georgies." She said, smiling cautiously.

"Hi, I would like a Shirley Temple please!" I smile and she smiles warmly.

She clicks her pen and writes it down. "Of course, and for you sirs?"

"Coke." Sullie grunts, looking through my backpack.

"I would like a water please." She nods and Sullie digs more deeply into our bags.

"What are you doing?" I question, shoving my face into the bag. He sighs and pulls my head out.

"I bugged Milos mom, don't trust her. Let's see what her motives are..." he brought out a listening device and put it on the table in the middle.

Static was heard, then voices were starting to pick up. "...escaped. Yeah, I called the cops about 10 minutes ago. Yes sir, they couldn't have gone far. That little girl has such a good bounty I just couldn't resist. And of course she's on a mission, so what would Chaos ever know of his sweet little mate?" She laughed maniacally and it cut out.

"Oh." Milo said looking like he was at a loss for words. "I- I'm sorry Aurelie, I didn't realize that my mom was that way."

"She does seem like an evil bitch, not gonna lie." Sullie noted as the drinks were brought out. I smiled gratefully as she put them down.

"Hey, that's my mom though!" Milo growled when she was out of earshot.

Sullie raised a brow. "Um... one that was gonna sell Aurelie on the black market. No mortal should even know that she's Chaos' mate. She must be working for someone... higher. Not mortal." I was quiet through the exchange. Someone... someone wants me?

Suddenly I remember the day I was brought to camp. "Uh... guys? I think I remember something that might help." Their heads turn swiftly to me and they give me all their attention.

"So there were these monsters chasing me when I was being brought to camp. Percy and Annabeth... they, they mentioned Hades and his monsters. Maybe someone... like the fates... knew about it and tried to stop me. I mean they would know that I'm Chaos's mate, right? And that must be bad, if they want me dead, and not with Chaos. I mean, what bad stuff could happen?"

"I don't think they want to know. But that's a clue. We're heading to Tartarus." He cursed and my eyes went wide. That's where I met Chaos!

I left some money on the table. Our bus tickets not needed, we ripped them up and went into an alleyway. Sullie grabbed Milo and I's hands and he shadow traveled us to the underworld.

We landed in a heap, all three in the middle of a judgement pavilion. Oh shoot.

"Who dares- oh, young Aurelie, it it you." I look up and see Hades. "Sullivan, welcome home." He smiled but it wasn't as warm as a father would. "What brings you three here?"

"We're going to Tartarus!" I say, not knowing what Tartarus was. "I don't know exactly what it is, but that's where I met Chaos, so it should be a good place." I smile but everyone's faces were not so good. "Is something wrong?" I ask, confusion clear on my face.

"Darling, do you know anything about Tartarus?" A man with black robes and a scythe walked up. I could tell by his burning glare I was not liked or wanted. I bent my head, embarassed.

"Um... not much. But we are on... on a quest and we need passage there." I feel Sullie and Milo beside me, protecting me.

"Sorry for the intrusion, father. We must head off now." Sullie pulled me up and we got the frick out of there.

"Um... so now what?" I ask unsure.

Sullie sighs and Milo looks pain-stricken. "We go down the pit."

Hey! I suck at grammar, so can someone tell me if it's Chaos' or Chaos's? I like don't even know haha. Also Thanatos is like kinda rude to Aurelie, my smol bean. He will pay. Lol me literally plotting a death for something I wrote😂. I'm going insane from the quarantine. Thank you for the people who read this! Stay safe!