Chapter Fifteen: Italian Sounds Good

Aurelie's POV
"Well shoot." I said as I almost got hit with an arrow.

"Ah you must be Aurelie! My my you are very pretty, Chaos must not know what to do with himself!" I turn to the strange voice. I feel a pang in my chest when he mentions Chaos. I miss him.

"Dude what the heck?!" Milo yelled, clearly furious. Sullivan shot him a glare and it shushed him right up.

The man walked forward at a leisurely pace, shades covering his eyes and his blonde hair was messy but in a thoughtful way. "Pardon me, I'm here to bring you guys to the mall. For what reason I don't know. I'm a god I can do what I want. You know, having to tell prophecies and all that Jazz really gets go you." He flashed me a smile and got down on one knee. "Lord Apollo at your service, Lady Aurelie." He took off his sunglasses as Sullivan choked on air.

"Well it's certainly nice to meet you Lord Apollo. I need to check with Chaos first and we can be on our way!" I smiled- but wait hold on. "Why are we going again?" I laughed nervously, fishing out my phone. Chaos' number glowed brightly on screen.

"Weeeeeeeeeell, I really was tasked by father to help you in the beginning of your quest after you leave here. ...Surprise?" He gave me jazz hands and I couldn't help but laugh.

"That makes sense. I mean I don't really know what this quest is about." Lord Apollo gave me a look of shock.

"Y-you d-don't know?! Haha well um ok ok ok, STAY CALM APOLLO! Wow ok ok this hasn't happened before haha. Oops." He clapped his hands, and Rachel came barreling down from the side of a mountain. Ok then.

"Lord Apollo." She bowed. I bowed too, is that what I do? I saw Milo and Sullivan step up, their faces seeming void of emotion.

I turned back to them and whispered, "Are you ok? You seem different." Milo gave me a smile and Sullivan glared at me, I guess they're fine.

"Ah well," I pulled myself back into the conversation taking place. "Can you like, say the prophecy pretty please?" He gave her puppy dog eyes and I suppressed a giggle.

"Well I really can-"And then she fell. Sullivan and Milo caught her, and laid her on the grass.

Green smoke comes out of her as she comes up into the air. I squeak as she looks at me and take a couple steps back.

"The threads of fate begin to unwind,
With the love of two can it once again bind,
Time itself will be a coin,
Till one truth may be avowed,
Chaos will descend upon thee,
A mate to him shall be the key,
Innocence where it's rightfully so,
May show the right path to go,
Separate must they be,
For if not it may be the final ark in humanity."

With that she collapsed and all color drained from my face. Chaos... what's going on? How big is this quest?

I look at Apollo who grins broadly. "See, not that hard! You just gotta help keep fate and time itself from going haywire! Just fix it and wham bam yes ma'am you got yourself a working universe." He chuckled, but I could see the anxiety through it.

"Ok, so where do we start?" I ask nervously, glancing at Sullie and Milo. They seemed to be having a silent conversation with their eyes, and I didn't want to intrude on that.

"Hmm well that's not that simple. I think you should visit the fates and see what's going on with them, we can't find them anywhere but the place I'm thinking of we can't go into." I gulp

"What do you mean 'can't go into'?"

He glances nervously at the floor. "Well us gods can't really go into Tartarus, but with you being the queen of the universe it shouldn't be that hard. I assume they'll have a carriage and everything."

I nod. "I guess that makes sense. Is chaos coming with us? I need to ask him something." I grin up only to see horror in his eyes.

"No no no, chaos will not partake on this quest. Thank goodness." He mumbled the end, but I could hear him just fine.

I raised a brow. "Do you not like Chaos?"

As I said that Apollo looked like he'd been slapped in the face. "No no! Chaos is wonderful, amazing even!" I smile, laughing at his funny attempt at dancing.

"Yes, chaos is wonderful." I smile wistfully, thinking of the short time I was with him.

"Well we gotta get you to the underworld!" Apollo grinned and I did the same.

"I'm excited! Let me see if I have everything and text Chaos, then we'll be on our way!" I put my backpack down on the ground and make sure I have clothes, drachmas, chargers and all the necessities. Does Chaos know about periods? Of course he does Aurelie! He is the ruler of the universe, he must've had someone PMSing on him.

I pull out my phone and send a quick text.

Hi Chaos
Just checking in
How's work
Oh also I'm going to Tartarus
See you later
I'm sure we could meet up for Italian after this is worked out
Italian is great
Ok gtg byeeeee

"My goodness you are a millennial. You spam like it's no tomorrow." Apollo chuckles at me and I throw the backpack sleeve over my shoulder.