Chapter Sixteen: I Forgot About Wyoming

When I come back up, we're in some sort of library. Huh.

"Ok guys! So let's go over some ground rules. Sullivan, Milo, protect her at all costs. Ok have fun!" With that he popped away, leaving me really confused.

"What's the ground rules?" I ask as we slip in the library.

Sullie sighed, picking up a book. "I guess we make them up as we go. I assume there's a book that we need to find. Is there a restricted section?" We tuned in to the conversation with a lady and the librarian putting up books.

"Excuse me, what's that dark bookshelf? Why is it off limits?" I looked to them and smiled widely.

"Well, that's the restricted section. Nothing of interest there." And with that she walked away to find another book.

"Well dang, I guess that's where we will go!" We walk to the bookcase next to it and slip in. It was a whole row of bookcases and we set to work, going through all the documents.

"Guys, do we know where we are?" That's a good question.

"I'm guessing New York still-"

"We're in Wyoming." Sullie pops his head into the bookcase Milo and I are in.

My eyes widen in horror. "W-Wyoming? What's so special that we need here?" Milo stands in shock, like he's reliving something.

"We have to get out of here. Before they find me." He whispers, grabbing onto his sword.

"What's wrong?" I whisper, going in front of him.

"They probably know where I am." He said, touching his neck.

"They didn't..." Sullie asked, voice going off.

"Hello, our son is in here. Tall, black hair." A woman with a slight rumble asked in a cute accent.

"Of course. There was a boy like that who came in with a couple other kids. Feel free to look, ask me if you have any questions." They walked off, and Milo grabbed a thing that seemed to be important and motioned for us to walk. We can shadow travel, but I'm not very proficient. We shuffle to the end, and look out.

"Milo, honey where are you?" A woman asks and I could hear a hint of malice under it. Milo starts to freak but Sullie calms him.

"On my count we run. One. Two. Three!" He whispers and we all dash out, but right before we get through the doors they shut tight.

"Milo honey, there you are! Mommy's come for you!" A woman comes out and she doesn't look too hot. She was a bit green and was sweating profusely.

"You aren't my mother, just a shell of what used to be." He said eyes wild.

I bring out my knife and throw it to Sullie. I assume he sees the monster coming from the side. My guess is correct when he flies to the dark corner and takes out some monsters.

I switch into armor and leap in the air, donning two swords. I land on a bookshelf and sprint to the other end. The woman laughs and more monsters come from the shadows. They come at me and I slice them down without a second thought. I run up and leap off, with my sword aimed straight at her throat. Right as I make contact a loud sound that sounds like a bell echoes off of her. I'm frozen as a man steps out of her, and she falls to the floor. He walks a circle around me but I'm still frozen.

"Ah, you must be Chaos' new mate. The universe has whispered about you." He chuckles leaning in. He skims a finger across my jaw. "I wonder what would happen if your pretty face were to break." In a second he was on the ground and I was brought to the floor. I looked up and saw Milo and Sullie.