03 - real life

chapter three
the meeting

19th July 2017
New York

Emma Neeson was woken abruptly by frantic knocking at her trailer door, which sounded more like nails on a chalkboard to her. She turned to look at the time on her clock and groaned with disgust when she saw it was 7 in the morning. She was getting a a couple of days off so who the hell was up this early for her? If it was anybody but Downey, they'd be dead before they could shout for help.

"This better be fucking good." She complained to herself, leaving the bed and making her way to the door. When she opened it, she groaned from the person that stood on the steps and shut the door in her face.

"Emma, come on!" Emma ignored her and walked back to her bedroom. "I brought you coffee!" The revelation made Emma pause and turn on her heels, going  back and opening the door. On the other side, smiling brightly with a coffee in her hand, was Emma's close friend and agent Zara Blackborn.  "Morning!" The Aussie girl brightly smiled, holding out the coffee for Emma. Emma snatched it from her and took a sip, letting the warm liquid soothe her morning throat. Zara's smile faded when she saw her client still in her pyjamas. "Don't tell me you just got up."

"Guilty." Emma held her free hand up as she took another few sips of her coffee. "Thanks for the coffee." She walked back into her a trailer.

"You are kidding me." Zara huffed and followed her in, shutting the door behind her. "Do you not know where we're going today?"

"Obviously not." She said, motioning to her 'just woke up' look.

"For Jesus sake. It's San Diego Comic-Con time!" She cheered, causing Emma to almost drop her coffee onto the floor. She had completely forgotten she was attending Comic Con this year, as she just assumed she couldn't because of how busy they were with filming. "We're there for Infinity War."

"Don't hate me, but I kinda forgot about it." Emma admitted quickly, taking a longer sip of her coffee.

"Well, you've got 30 minutes so I'd start to pack. We're there for 3 days by the way, and Hayley's coming too seen as she's coming back to film with us."

"Hayley's the only good thing about this." Emma grumbled.

"Don't be grumpy." Zara told her but she just grumbled again. "Well maybe this will cheer you up. Hint; take a look at my finger." Zara raised her left hand and pretended to scratch her head, showing off the diamond ring on her finger.

"Dude! What the hell?!" Emma exclaimed, taking her hand to admire the ring. "Duuude, is that real?"

"I hope so otherwise he's getting a kick up the jacksie. He asked me last night and it was so romantic."

"Oh my god! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you." Emma beamed, putting her coffee down to hug Zara. Emma had known Zara's now fiancee Phil for a few years. He had actually been the first friend she made when she moved to New York and happened to live a few doors down from her for a few years. Then he met Zara and it felt like it was only a matter of time before they got engaged.

"Thanks." Zara beamed, admiring her ring for the fifth time this morning. "We'll be having a little party to celebrate. Obviously at the restaurant because where else?" Emma nodded, knowing of the restaurant her parents owned. "But don't worry, it'll be after filming ends so you can actually come."

"Good."

"Now hurry up." Zara clapped to get Emma moving. "Car's waiting."

"Bloody hell." Emma cursed before heading to her room to pack.