19 - real life

chapter nineteen
phone confessions

11th May 2018
New York

Emma sat in her car outside her dads house and read the lovely messages she had received from the people she knew. She even had a message from Steven Spielberg to send his thoughts and love on one of the hardest days of the year. She had met Steven Spielberg thanks to him directing her dad in Schindler's List and he never failed to send her a card on her birthday. He felt like an Uncle she hardly saw but knew he always thought about her.

When she read the message from Pedro, she felt her love for him surge and wrap around her like a hug. The past couple of months had felt like whirlwind to Emma and her love for Pedro had built up quickly and strongly. The way he treated her, plus how she felt whenever she was with him just added to how she felt about him. She knew at the start of the month that she was in very much and deeply in love him, and had wanted to tell him everyday that went by. But he had been filming in a different state, and Emma didn't want to do it via text or via a call; she had wanted to do it in person so she could see his reaction when she told him.

She sighed and sent a simple heart to Pedro before she put her phone in her bag and exited her car. She opened the door to the back seats, letting Sully jump out. They walked up to the porch of her dad's house and Emma knocked on the door when she got to it. She only had to wait a minute before the door opened, revealing her dad. To others he was known as Liam Neeson, famous actor from the Taken and Narnia films. But to her, he was her dad.

"Hey, darling." Liam smiled when he saw his daughter, opening his arms for her and welcomed the hug she'd always give him on this certain day. It lasted longer than normal hugs and was always full of love. Sully barking interrupted the two and made Liam chuckle. "Can't forget about you now, can I? Hey boy, how are ya?" He knelt down and welcomed the many licks the dog was giving him.

"I'm sorry I'm a little late." Emma spoke.

"Don't worry too much. Your grandma is too." He reassured, standing and giving her a smile. "Come on." He pushed the front door back open, allowing Emma and Sully to walk in. "Boys, your sister is here!" Liam shouted into the living area, which earned an audible groan from one of them. Emma could guess just which one and didn't even look, instead turning to Sully.

"Are you ever gonna grow past the age of 16, Dan?" She asked as she undid Sully's leash, letting him wander off into the kitchen to try and grovel for some food. She then entered the living area and saw both her brothers sat on the sofa.

"I think I'm fine the way I am." Dan bit back, snacking on some crisps he had got from the kitchen.

"Ignore him." Mike said as he stood, opening his arms to give his big sister a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm alright. You?" She asked, looking between the brothers.

"Oh ya know, as good as this day makes us."

"Want a beer?"

"Yeah, go on."

"But none for you remember." Dan warned with a pointed finger towards his sister.

"I can look at a beer without giving in, ya know." Emma reminded.

"Good for you."

"Daniel." Liam warned, overhearing the conversation. "We don't talk about it like that, do we? Your sister's worked hard to get to where she is and we shouldn't undermine her achievements."

"Yeah, I know. Sorry." Dan lightly smiled, feeling today was not the day, or the topic to take the mickey.

"Did you just say sorry to me?" Emma asked, quite surprised that it had actually happened, and in front of other people too.