Chapter 6

The next few weeks go by incredibly smoothly, classes being a breeze, workouts being exhilarating and I've gone on a few more dates with Zane, every single one of them fun. I've taken him to another football game, a volleyball match and one of Leo's Muay Thai fights. He's getting even more excited the more games I take him to.

Saturday afternoon in early November and I'm walking through Stanford, exploring the town that I have yet to see. As I'm passing by a few local shops, I stop in front of a building that's a little darker than the rest of the buildings on the block. 'Blake and Cassadee's Tattoo Shop' sits above the storefront and as I look in the window, I see my tattooed, newly dyed dark red haired boyfriend behind the counter.

I smile and decide to surprise him. I walk into the store and see artwork lining the walls, examples of the tattoos the store has done. Zane hears the door open and sees me walk in. His face lights up. "Eric! What're you doing here?"

I step over to the counter and lean against it. "I was walking through town and saw you through the window and decided to pop in to see what you're up to."

He grins, leans over the counter and gives me a small kiss. "Oh, I'm just working a little. The day's pretty slow and the next appointment isn't coming in for another two hours. I was just putting the finishing touches on the tattoo the customer wanted."

"Can I see?"

Zane moves his arm and I look down. On a piece of paper is the name 'Jason' in between two beautiful angel wings. "That looks great," I say.

"Thanks. The customer wanted something to honor his son. I was told he was killed in Afghanistan five years ago when he was 24 years old."

"That must've been hard on him."

As I'm looking at the drawing Zane goes back to working on, two voices come from my left. "Do you know when we're getting that new tattoo chair?"

"It should be here by next Tuesday."

I look over and see two people that could be related to Zane. There's a man and a woman. The guy is about my height, wearing a tank top with tattoos on every inch of his skin below his head. He has large gages in both ears and short dark green hair. The woman is about half a foot shorter than me with half sleeve tattoos on both arms, a very sexy figure and fiery red hair. "We got a new customer, Zane?" asks the woman.

"No," Zane says, looking up from his drawing. "This is Eric. He's my boyfriend. Eric, this is Blake and Cassadee. They own the place."

Blake and Cassadee both smile at me. "So you're the guy Zane talks about nonstop," says Blake.

"He talks about me nonstop?" I ask.

"Nonstop is an understatement," says Cassadee. "More like he doesn't shut up until someone asks him to get back to work."

Zane chuckles. "I just finished that drawing for the 3:00 appointment," he says. "What do you think?"

Blake takes the drawing and looks at it with Cassadee. "Perfect as usual," he says. "I know he'll be incredibly happy with what you've come up with. I think that's everything we need from you today. You can go ahead and head out with Eric here."

Zane bends down and grabs his bag from behind the desk. As he's putting his bag over his shoulder, I hear the door open. "Zane!"

I look behind me and see a short blonde girl with a perfect face and a slender, cured body. She has a few earrings in each ear and a bright smile on her face. "Hey, Courtney," Zane says, coming out from behind the counter.