Chapter 7

Two more weeks pass and the same routine continues: classes, workouts, a few more dates with Zane, hanging out with Josh, Leo, the football guys and a few more friends I've managed to make on campus, and going to a few more sports games. The Cardinal is still undefeated and Josh has managed to stay a starter for the team.

Zane, Josh and I have gone to a few of Leo's fights and he always comes out of them without a single scratch. It's amazing to see how high Leo's level of skill is. I've spent some days at Blake and Cassadee's tattoo shop, mostly talking to Zane and Courtney when they aren't working (well, listening to Courtney. She never really stops talking or laughing...).

Blake, Cassadee and Zane managed to convince me to do something I thought I'd never do: get a tattoo. Nothing extreme like what Zane has, just a simple black ring that goes all the way around my right forearm that's about an inch in diameter. To be honest, I really like it, even though it cost me about $100, even after the discount because I'm Zane's boyfriend.

After spending the day at Zane's work, Zane and I have to get to Stanford Stadium, where most of the student population is headed. It's the day of the 116th Big Game, the annual meeting between the Stanford Cardinal and the California Golden Bears of UC Berkeley. It's always sold out, but I managed to score tickets in the third fucking row. When I told Zane about it, he jumped for joy (literally).

We get to the stadium, Zane wearing a Stanford Cardinal beanie and me in a Stanford cap. Leo's outside waiting for us when we get there. "Ready for the game?" he asks.

"Definitely," I say. "It's amazing that Josh is starting in the Big Game."

"We worked hard for this," Leo replies. "He deserves it more than anyone. C'mon. We should get in there before it gets too crowded to move."

Zane and I walk with Leo and manage to get some food and drinks without any of us losing each other. I keep my arm firmly wrapped around Zane's waist to make sure he doesn't get swept away in the crowd. With our stuff in hand, we head out to the stands and see they're almost full already, and the game doesn't even start for another thirty minutes.

We get to the third row and take our seats. With Zane on my right and Leo on my left, this is going to be a fun afternoon and evening. "Leo? Is that you?"

We look to our left and standing in front of two empty seats next to us are two guys. One looks to be about 6 foot 2 with a very built body, shaggy brown hair and cool grey eyes. The other is about 6 foot 4 with a blonde buzz cut, a lean body and bright green eyes. I don't know who these guys are, but Leo's face lights up. "Ryan! Nate!"

Leo jumps out of his seat and wraps his arms around the two guys. "It's been months since I've seen you guys!" Leo says.

"You look great, Leo!" says shaggy hair.

"How's college life treating you?" says buzz cut.

"It's going great! How're you two here?"

"It's the offseason and Nate and I don't have work until next April," says shaggy hair. "Seeing as it's Josh's first Big Game, we wouldn't have missed it for anything."

"Who're your two friends?" asks buzz cut.

"Oh!" Leo turns and looks back at Zane and me. "Ryan, Nate, these are two of Josh's and my friends: Eric Swanson and Zane Quinn. Guys, this Ryan and Nate Rusden-Underwood. Ryan is the brown haired one and Nate is the blonde one. Ryan is Josh's older brother and Nate is Josh's brother in law and Ryan's husband."

These guys are gay too? Zane and I both stand up and shake Ryan and Nate's hands. "So you're the Eric my little bro has been talking about," says Ryan.