Chapter 9

Classes start back up, as does preparation for finals. It's not too stressful, but I don't get to spend as much time with Zane as I want. We still manage to help each other study, though. Josh and The Cardinal have remained undefeated and only have a few more games left. If they stay undefeated, they're going to the BCS National Championship Game.

Nothing has happened after Patrick was arrested, so no one besides the Stanford campus police, Zane and I know where he is, which Zane is incredibly happy for. Zane told his real last name to Josh and Leo, who were pretty surprised at first, but promised to keep it to themselves. I've helped him and his art classes a little more with life modeling (not nude anymore), which I've come to find is pretty fun, mostly because I get to watch Zane for hours on end.

It's about a week before winter break starts and I'm sitting in the campus library, studying for my marketing final I have tomorrow. I already feel prepared for it, but I always like to be sure. As I'm reading my textbook, I feel someone take a seat across from me, and his hair is metallic silver this week. "Hey," I say to Zane.

He leans across the table and gives me a kiss. "Hey yourself," he says. "What're you up to?"

"Just studying a little for a final I have tomorrow. I'm just about done anyway." I close my textbook and look back at him. "What's up with you?"

"I have a final project for my art class and I need your help with it."

I smile to myself. "Need me to be your muse again?"

"I need you to be my subject. I have to create three pieces of art, one painting, one sketch, and one sculpture, by this Friday and I haven't even started yet."

I tsk at him. "You really need to fix your procrastination problem."

"I know I do, but I wasn't inspired until earlier today. I tried to call you from the dorm phone to ask you for your help, but I think your phone was off, so I've been looking for you for almost an hour now. But now that I've found you, will you help me?"

"Sure. My last final is the one I'm having tomorrow and I'm completely free after that. I'll pose for you as long as you need me."

Zane smiles and gives me another kiss. "Thank you, Eric. You want to get something to eat? I'll buy this time."

"Sure," I say, my stomach also growling in response. "I haven't eaten since breakfast."

I gather my belongings and rise out of my seat, slinging my bag over my shoulder. I take Zane by the waist and give him a kiss. "I love you," I say.

No matter how much I say it, it still feels as wonderful as the first time I said it. "I love you too," Zane says with a smile.

----------------

The next day after my final (which was incredibly easy, by the way), I head over to the Imaging Arts and Sciences department to pose for Zane. As I walk in, a few students, who I've come to be acquainted with because of my modeling, greet me. They direct me to the studio where Zane's waiting for me.

And sure enough, he's setting his easel up when I walk into the room. "Am I late?" I ask as I walk in.

Zane look up at the clock on the wall. "Nope, you're right on time. I've already set up the place where you're going to be posing, so you can just set your bag down and we'll get started in a few minutes."

I place my bag by the door and walk over to the setup Zane mentioned. All it is is a wooden chair facing backward toward the studio's only window. "Is this it?" I ask.

"That's it. Now take a seat in the chair and turn your body around so you're facing the window. Rest your arms on the top of the chair and just gaze out the window."