Ch. 4

Danielle's POV (two days later)

I'm peacefully asleep until I hear the cruel voice I have come to hear everyday.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCH!"

I growl and place the pillow over my head to have it ripped off of me. "Come on we have to go to the mall. There's no school today." Gabby says bouncing up and down.

"I should be happy. But why the hell are we going to the mall and how the hell is school out. It's flipping Wednesday." I groan stretching.

"Sis did you forget that The infamous Quads mate ball was scheduled for today." She says in her bubbly tone while jumping up and down on my bed.

"Why on my birthday? Now everything about today will be about them and it's not even they're birthday." I growl dragging myself to my closet. Usually my birthday is the only time my mom take off work to see me. And although I love my friends it's not same as your mom you know? I know I sound like a spoiled brat but I mean usually only see my mom once a day. And if I'm lucky I catch her before she heads to seek out her target.

Now today is their special day. I mean I was only born on this day eighteen years ago not important. Today they will find there mates.

"Anyways we have to get you the perfect dress." Gabby says through the door of my closet.

I grab whatever I see and throw it on. Gabby looks at me and shakes her head. "Nope. Not gonna happen. You don't wear Adidas with Nike. Everyone knows that." She says walking in my closet. "I don't really care." I shrug.

"Well I do now put this on." She says throwing me a blue thigh length dress along with black sandals "I don't like dresses." I mumble.

I put the dress on and shutter in disgust because the dress hugs everything I got. "Find me something else." I say ripping the dress off of me.

She mutters something under her breath and comes back out with a crop and pair of shorts. "How do I even own this." I say trying to pull the shorts down.

"You don't. I just bought it and put it in your closet." She shrugs. "If you meet your mate today he needs to see all your curves." She winks.

"No he doesn't."

We walk out of my room and head to the kitchen. "MASK YOUR SCENT!" Gabby whisper yells.

"Why?"

"Because if you find your mate you have to find him at the ball duh." She says. I roll my eyes and mask my scent. As soon as I do Aiden walks around the corner in a rush.

"What got your panties in wad." I ask acknowledging his panting state.

"Did a female walk through here?" He asks.

"No but a male just did." I say smirking.

His face drops instantly he growls. "No she had a smell of female on her. Did any females walk through here, never mind stop wasting my time I have to get ready." He says in a rushed tone. I growl and ignore him and keep walking, he didn't have to be a complete jerk.

"If she did I wouldn't tell you. Asshole." I yell out and with that I entered the kitchen.

I usually would find my mom holding a cake but I don't. I knew it. She's working.

"Hello your majesty, have you seen my mom?" I ask in a calm voice.

"I think she's working today. Ace wants all the spies working so that no intruder interrupts the mating ball for the quads." I internally sigh and thank her.