Level 3

Although dinner with your family was a great welcome home, you couldn't help but grow tired. This lead you to the bathroom to take a shower before settling in for the night. Grabbing your necessities and your phone for some musical accompaniment, you walk over. Immediately after turning the shower knob to warm and letting it run a bit, you've begun to take off your clothes. You followed with turning on a playlist in your phone, then stepping into the shower.

Finally, your own private shower. No worries of another college student waiting or another listening in if you wanted to sing along to your music a bit. It felt amazing, especially with all your products nicely laid out rather than stuffed in a container.

When your favorite song flicks on next, you can't help but hum along, then eventually sing the rest of the lyrics while you finish washing your hair and start to lather your body.

By the time you've moved on to finishing up the shower, you reached the ending chorus, but you start to hear some electric crackling. The music halts, and you grow confused. That was when you heard small, but audible footsteps from the other side of your shower curtain. Was someone in here?

"Hey, whoever's out there, (parental formality)? I'm done so get out." You holler as you shut off the water. The footsteps continue, and you sigh.

"Please hand me my towel and get out so I can hurry up." You squeeze the excess water from your hair, and thrust a hand out from the shower. You feel a warm, plush towel meet your hand, so you mutter a thanks and pull it in. As soon as you do, you notice the grip on the other part of the towel was wet. Wasn't the towel resting on the hanger? You smell it, and notice it's probably just water, so you shrug, and begin to dry off.

There is a crackling again right before you open the curtain, and the music resumes. That head turn towards your phone abruptly playing music was when you noticed the door had been locked the whole time. A chill ran up your spine, and your throat felt like it was closing. Who just gave you that towel? You glance down, and notice a puddled footstep or two, but you look around to find no one around. With shaky hands, you merely continue on with the routine, assuming your parents had just locked the door behind them or something. That seemed like the most logical explanation, at least.