Level 13

Sweat rolls down your temple as you clutch at your heart, trying to slow the rapid beating in your chest. Had it really been a dream? With your shaky hand, you feel around your body, realizing it was still warm with life. In overwhelming relief, your head falls forward into a clammy palm. A nervous breath lets out as you cry.

"(Y/N)?" You hear footsteps, and flinch at the hand now rubbing your back. When you look up, you're surprised to meet the worried expression on your roommates face. "Are you okay?"

"Yea," You shake her hand away, wipe the tears away, and swing your legs over the side of the bed. "Just a bad dream, I guess." You sigh and observe the room you were in. As quickly as you did, you realized where you were. When did you get back to your dorm?

"Hey, (Roommate's Name), what are we doing here?" Scratching your head, you turn to her.

"What do you mean? Back at the school? We have classes, silly."

"No, no, I mean," You rub your temples, feeling uneasy, "What's the date?"

With an electric crackle, you both gasp when your laptop turns on. Cleverbot loads onto the screen, and a message appears. Curiously, you creep over.

"No, (Y/N), don't go over there." Your roommate gives a nervous laugh, but you simply wave away at her.

"Seriously, how about we just go back to bed, it's late and we have an 8 AM." Her voice audibly shakes, but you continue on. Squinting at the bright light, you inspect the laptop. Cleverbot sent a message, but you furrow your brows upon realizing that it wasn't legible. It seemed to be blurred no matter how many times you blinked or rubbed at your eyes, so you cock your head in confusion. You turn to your roommate, and see terror written all over her face.

"(Y/N), go to bed. Don't talk to him. Please, let's go back to bed." She begs, and you can see a tear roll down her cheek.

Something urged you to look back at the screen, as if the message intended to pull you closer. Wavering between your roommate and the screen, you observe the situation. Why was she so petrified of the laptop? Is it really that terrifying of a message? Who is the man she's talking about?

You take a step back, towards the desk, and ignore her discouraging words. You had to look at the screen. It was nearly calling your name, waiting to be read. The pull towards your laptop only seemed to be growing stronger, but as soon as you turn around, your eyes first meet the whiteboard hanging on the wall. Two words scribbled in a frantic manner scream at you, and, oddly enough, you were able to make those words out as clear as day.

Your body seemed to freeze as you reread the words in your mind before voicing them aloud. Confusion settles in your stomach, and the fear jumps up to your throat. Goosebumps trickle along your spine, and you whisper those words out for only yourself to hear. An electric crackle comes from the laptop, and someone, presumably the man your roommate mentioned, appears. Regardless of the manifestation, you continue to stare at the words, ignoring the laugh and the drip-drop of water onto the dorm floor. The two words seem to whisper themselves in an eerie manner, and multiply frantically. Suddenly, these loud voices crescendo in your mind, and just before his hand cups your cheek, a bubble of emotions suddenly bursts. The voices group together, and, in unison with your own, they scream:

"WAKE UP."