Level 11

With a startling wake, you rub at your eyes. It was now early morning, the sun just barely risen over the skyline. Taking a glance around, you decide it wouldn't help to go back to sleep. You had started to have the most dreadful dreams, yet it seemed to leave your memory as soon as you wake up. His oh so vengeful being was probably lurking around your room, so returning to your room was also a hard pass.  Instead, you leave your phone to go on a relaxing walk. With no electronics and little to no people, it proved to be a chance to feel free and zen.

Not bothering to write a note due to the early hour, you step outside. Immediately, with a great intake of breath, you feel the weight on your chest wash away. A small, relieved smile tugs on your lips, and you had to close your eyes in appreciation for how fresh and calming it felt to be rid of the tension for even a moment.

"Oh how I missed this." You breathe out with another smile, and commence the small morning walk.

It had been a few minutes of appreciating the view and the brisk morning air before you had a returning sense of dread creep up on you. Regardless, you try to calm yourself down. It could be the only chance you had to keep yourself at bay before another few months, at the least. With a light shake of your hands and a puff out, you take a deep, cleansing breath.

"I'll admit," you let out a quick scream, and turn around, "I'm kind of offended you didn't at least invite me on your walk."

There he was, in all his glory.

"Oh, don't look so ecstatic to see me!" He feigns, throwing his hands down in a shooing manner before wearing a smirk.

You ignore his words, and focus on your heartbeat increasing by the second. You were sure not to bring any electronic devices, so how was he here?

BEN stalks towards you, picking at a strand of hair before brushing it back. You flinch, and he  responds with a scoff.

"It's such a nice day out," he sighs, looking past you to glance at the rays of sunshine beaming from the tree line. "How's about we take a trip down to the lake?" He tilts his head to you, and narrows his eyebrows.

"It's like talking to a brick wall with you today, huh? How about we have a different type of fun then," BEN growls, and you hold back a scream as a painful shock ricochets around in your body. His hand latches onto your elbow, causing you to bite your lip. "Does this seem more fun to you? Because, if that's what you're into, I'll be glad to help."

You shake your head, whimpering at the pain shooting throughout your body. BEN lets go, and motions towards the path behind you. Without a second to waste, you turn on your heel to go home. BEN follows suit, watching you clutch at your elbow. The aftershocks came and went in waves, but you continued on until you reached your front door.

Before walking inside, BEN places a hand on your shoulder, leaning in with a cool breath, "Now, now, now, let's not forget this little trip. You understand who's in control, right? There is no escape, not even a cleanse like this would help. I'm everywhere, and there's nothing you can do. I can and will watch you fall apart, slowly, painfully. Every day, you'll fall just a bit further down, because I'm the virus that has no fix. You're with me until death, and nothing changes that." He smiles against your ear, and shocks your shoulder before disappearing.

With a blank mind, you barely feel yourself walk towards your room. Defeat washes over the aftershocks, and a small scoff of disbelief sounds before you fall into the dreadful slumber.