Level 4

The incident didn't cross your mind once you finally got into bed. It wasn't as important as getting beneath your covers and snuggling into the warmth. This, of course, meant you also didn't feel stare coming from the corner of your room. The figure stood, water dripping from the tips of his hair and fingers. Another few dribbled down his chin. You, of course, only heard the plopping of droplets from the piping, nothing more. As you snuggle deeper into the blankets, you feel the presence creep up your back, but it must be the fact that you're so used to being with a roommate. Surely, the loneliness was the answer.

Regardless of the self talk, you find yourself jerking your head to the corner of the room, but all you hear is a crackle from the TV. The puddle that formed at the corner floor missed your view, most likely due to the darkness masking it well.

In another few moments, you feel yourself drift into a slumber. At this point, the figure's eyes manifest from the corner once more, the steady drops of water fall in harmony with the slow steps it takes towards you. The red, searing eyes burn into your form, watching the duvet rise and fall with your slow breathing.

A hand reaches out to you, towards the throat laying comfortably on the edge of the pillow. You hum, causing the figure to halt the movement, yet presume when there's no further signs of awakening. A few droplets land on your pajama shirt, then a few onto your collarbone. The hand finally settles onto your neck, palm pressed up against the middle, fingers wrapping around the sides. The shadow understood the risk, but could not stop to re-evaluate the ultimate action. The cold, wet hand causes you to stir, and your eyebrows furrow in discomfort once you figure that air intake grew scarce. This feeling grew stronger, and the figure knew time was up. It retracted, leaving you gasping for breath, and the subtle crackling of electricity the first thing to hear.

You grab your throat, then travel down to your stomach when you feel the water you didn't remember sleeping with litter your front. You feel a scratchy sensation in your throat, but brush it off as a nightmare with physical phantom effects.

After this, though, you knew you'd have a rough time at home. With every little detail driving you insane, you couldn't help but have a feeling of dread. Perhaps it was just time for someone to check the carbon monoxide levels, but deep down, you knew it was something else. Something worrisome. Something stubborn. Something...someone.

Someone sinister. A man who remembered the past you, and grew to know the present you. You should remember him, too. After all, it was you who invited him in.