Level 6

Breakfast was simple, a bit of eggs and some bacon. Cereal for if you chose neither eggs or bacon. There was water and juice to quench your thirst, as well. Although the food looked delicious, you couldn't settle yourself. The breath down your neck, was that really just your parents? Thinking back on the frigid artificial breeze made you shiver, so you forked some of the egg down your throat. It almost hadn't made it down through the fearful lump closing your throat.

You wanted to take the laptop back to the IRT center, but there was no reason to. Nothing was wrong with it, you could tell yourself.

"I think I'm full for the morning, but thanks for breakfast." They both watch you leave the table and rush up the stairs.

You close your door as soon as you get to your bedroom, and walk over to the laptop. It was already flipped open, Cleverbot the website on call. A soft sound emits from the laptop as you sit in your chair. The sound increases in volume slightly, just enough to identify the song. Although you couldn't remember it, you could tell it was familiar. Thinking back on your life, you remember this was the way you tried to summon some stupid ghost killer. What was his name, again?

Either way, whoever was trying to mess with you, you weren't having this. Trying to scare you on your first week home? You roll your eyes and slam the laptop shut with another shock in your hand.

"This is ridi-"

"You shouldn't have done that." The song carries on in the background, but the voice wasn't coming from the same place. You hold your breath, listening for a sign of an intruder. That was when a breath tickled your right ear, and two hands circle around your neck, coiling tightly around it like a snake. You gasp, and try to pry the hands off, but pull away when you feel a liquid coated over the fingers. It was wet and cold. So cold.

You try to scream, but the hands crush your throat. You try to squirm out of the seat, and end up pushing your feet against the chair to fall back onto the attacker. Instead of feeling a body, you feel the floor, head slamming against the hardwood and giving you a spell of dizziness. You hear a familiar crackling and a laugh. That same goddamned laugh.

The hands were no longer wrapped around your neck, but you look around to find yourself alone. You sit there, dizziness subsiding already, and let a tear roll down your cheek. Is that really what this was? You losing grip on reality? It felt so real, and you couldn't find a sign of any intruder. You were alone with yourself, even your parents noticed.

Hearing a sound on the laptop made you push yourself up and readjust the chair. You open the laptop to find a message from Cleverbot. The same stupid message you heard, "You shouldn't have done that."

At this point, you were frustrated and afraid. Was this your mind playing tricks, or was this a joke? You begin to type, making note that the shocking had disappeared.

-You shouldn't have done that.

-Done what?

-You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

-What is this? Who's pranking me?

-BEN is getting lonely...

-Seriously? Using a fake ghost killer isn't gonna scare me. Who are you?

-BEN Drowned.

-Right, the ghost killer thing, real mature to use something fake.

-BEN is getting lonely...

-Fuck this, leave me alone.

-You shouldn't have done that.

You groan and close the laptop again. You walk over to your bed, and lay on your back, arms over your eyes. What was this, this thing you had to deal with? You just wanted to relax, but now you have to figure this thing out.

You hear that same noise from the closed laptop, an electric pulse and a laugh. At this point, you wanted to cry. Why couldn't you be left alone? Footsteps neared you, but you refused to move. You'd just wait for the right moment, and kick this thing into next year.

The figure moved closer to you, head cocking slightly when it noticed you holding the same position. Droplets of water drip to the floor, and each step met with a puddle. It's hands swiftly pulled your hands away from your face and locked onto the bed, and it swung itself into a straddling position to avoid unwanted struggling. You stare up at him, his sharp smirk nothing compared to the eyes you wish you never saw. You feel your breath quicken, and you can't help but scream.

"I told you, sweetheart. You shouldn't have done that." He cackles, and licks across his sharp two rows of teeth. Now this was the reaction he wanted. Pure fear.