xɪɪ

"Nee-chan!"

Hearing his familiar voice, a smile formed in my lips as I open my arms. "Tanjiro!" Now that I look at him, he seems to have grown taller than before.

He quickly jumped to give me a hug. How I missed him! Patting his head, I asked. "How are you all?"

"We're doing fine, nee-chan."

"Onee-chan!" Turning around, there I saw Nezuko who seems to have grown a bit taller as well. She's smiling brightly at me that my eyes almost got blinded.

She also joined the hug and I smiled widely. "Nezuko! I'm glad you both are growing! How about Takeo?"

"He's also learning how to walk little by little!" Tanjiro proudly beamed. He's such a ray of sunlight.

"That's good!" I beamed, before walking inside the house, holding their hands in both my hands. With Tanjiro in my left and Nezuko in my right.

The moment I stepped inside the house, there greeted me my mother. "Amery."

"Okasan." I gave her a hug in which she gave back.

"How are you? Are you doing good? You're not hurt right?" Worry laced on her tone as she checked me from head to toe.

I chuckled. "Don't worry, okasan! I'm doing good and I'm not hurt at all. How about you and father?"

She smiled. "We're also doing good. Takeo is still sleeping."

I nodded my head as I helped her from doing the chores. Tanjiro and Nezuko are kind enough to help as well. So in the end, the chores ended swiftly.

It's been three days after final selection ended. Urokodaki-san gave me permission to visit my home but with one condition.

"Um, is there anything that we can do to help?" Giyu asked as he stay seated on the tatami floor, with Sabito not so far beside him.

Yep, they came with me. While Makomo decided to train more so she can be well prepared in the final selection.

"No need, you are our guests afterall," mother replied with a smile as she finished taking out the extra futons. "Amery, show your friends their room. I'll take the futon inside the room later."

I nodded my head, signaling Giyu and Sabito to follow me. Nezuko and Tanjiro are kind enough to follow and show them the place.

"This isn't much, but I hope you'll feel comfortable here," I said as they entered the room. "If there's anything you need, my room or my parents' room are near."

"Arigato, Amery-san." Giyu was the first one to speak up. Sabito was still busy scanning the room as he went over the window to look at the view outside.

"It's nice." Sabito complimented shortly. An awkward silence enveloped us all, Nezuko and Tanjiro doesn't seem to realize the awkwardness as they decided to leave the room.

Clearing my throat, I muttered to myself. "This is suffocating."

No place is like home, they say. And I guess they are right. And since Final selection has ended well, Urokodaki-san didn't hesitate to give me permission to visit my home. But unfortunately, Sabito and I had a fight about Makomo attending the final selection.