xxɪɪ

What Agricius told me kept on circling in my mind.

"You can go and try to do something. But don't blame yourself if something goes wrong. It is all up to fate, and you did what you can do. But sometimes, giving up is the same answer as acceptance."

I have to admit, his words was by far the most calming one for me. It reassured me that it's not and will never be my fault, and that I have the choice to make, yet the results still all ends up to fate.

Althou his last words sounds troublesome, but I think he wants to imply that I can give up when I fail. Acceptance is a must.

Besides, if I don't try to do anything, I'll regret it for the rest of my life. This must be what the Stone pillar is saying. Doing something is better than nothing, but I won't mind the consequences for now.

But the thing is, when will the Demon Lord, Kibutsuji Muzan, show up? I only know that he attacked my family when Tanjiro went down the mountain to town to sell coals. But I've been receiving reports from my crow whom I've tasked to keep an eye on them that he recently goes to town every other day.

"Should I just stay there for the whole year?" I mumbled to myself. Since I'm not sure when is the specific day Muzan bitch would come, maybe staying with my family this whole year can assure me with their safety.

However, that means I'll be lacking in my missions and responsibilities as a hashira. I can't just use an excuse saying, "Oh, I have a mission here." And then it literally took me a whole year there? No, no, even my youngest brother will think it's suspicious.

"Caw! Caw!" Hearing a crow, I looked up in the sky as I sat down on my estate's garden. Ah, it's someone else's crow. But everytime I hear a crow cawing, it always makes me feel nervous.

I don't know. Maybe because I always have to hear either bad news or go to missions whenever they appear. Being a demon slayer, and a hashira at that, is not an easy task.

Breathing in the fresh air, I sat there calmly without a care in the world for a moment. I deserve some peace and a break-

"Kamado-san!"

Hearing a shuffling noise of a bunch of kakushis running over to me, I heaved out a depressed sigh before forcing myself to give them a close-eyed smile. "Yes?"

"Forgive us for intruding! But we need your back-up!" One kakushi says with a pleading look. "The lower ranked demon slayers are having difficulty with their missions!"

"Ah, is that so?" I replied before dusting off the dirt on my skirt, standing up from the grass with a small smile. "Well, shall you lead the way?"

The kakushis nodded, face flushed for some unknown reason. "Y-yes ma'am!"

I glanced back to see Agricius boredly analyzing the situation. I gave him the signal that I'm aiding some demon slayers for their mission, in which he responded with a nod.

Following behind the kakushis, I focused on the present and pushed back my anxiety. From the direction we are going, it seems familiar to me, making me feel a little bit nervous.

Is this the same way back home?

To think that my fellow demon slayers have a difficult mission near the mountain the Kamado's live. Is this coincidence, or something is about to go wrong?

"Say, are they already injured?" I asked, since it won't make sense if a bunch of kakushis themselves informed me about this and are even going to the battle with me.

"Unfortunately, a lot of them are injured, Kamado-san!" Another kakushi cried out. "But fortunately, none of them are deceased!"

Hearing that made me feel relieved. As long as they are still holding out, then we can make it on time. "I'll be speeding up for now." I told them, in which they didn't protest about. Since I know the way and I can trust my enhanced senses of hearing, it wasn't hard for me.