xɪᴠ

The wind blew hard that made my long hair dance along with it. I stood atop the boulder which Tanjiro would chop off when he trains under Urokodaki-san.

Don't get it wrong. I'm not planning on chopping the boulder in two. I just need a perfect spot to stand on for my intro.

Anyways, it's been a long time since I visited my home together with Sabito and Giyu. It was great, I was able to be with my family again, but then Muzan bitch and his minions decided to scare the hell out of me.

Sure, I got scared. I realized that I'm vulnerable in this world. He could kill me anytime he wants. But then he miraculously spared me for an unknown reason.

So I took that opportunity to train harder. Sabito and I sparred a lot, and it seems like we've forgotten that we were not in good terms before. Tho I already apologized as sincere as I could, it looked like he didn't mind about it anymore.

Giyu was still there to help me train using the Breath of the Water techniques. Unlike before, I can do all techniques even better and easier. Makomo also went to Final Selection earlier than I thought right after we finished, and it made me feel anxious for her.

But I think she's trust-worthy. Like she told me before she went to Final selection. "I'll heed your advices in mind." She told us with a smile, and that confidence made me feel relieved. And guess what?

Our girl Makomo also survived!

She told us that she actually encountered the Hand demon that I warned her about. She did just as we adviced her, she didn't belittle the demon and instead focused on agility to dodge the demon's wrath and escape.

Without anything to worry about, I was able to have a peace of mind. But then I suddenly remembered someone whose off the script.

Where's Akio?

If you don't remember him, he's the crappy guy whom I thought to be Zenitsu's relative, but his full name is Akio Azuma so maybe nope. Just a little similarities in attitude, but very different in terms of demon slaying techniques.

I think he's gotten a lot busier. Ofcourse he would. All demon slayers are busy being given missions.

And so years passed, from 11 years old to 14. It's been 3 years and I didn't even realize. Unexpectedly, we were able to join the demon slayers earlier than I thought. As soon as we went back to Urokodaki's place after visiting my home, our forged swords were delivered with our uniforms, until our crows gave us our first mission.

It was actually a hassle for me. Sabito and Giyu had the same mission, except for me, so we needed to go in our separate ways. And what's worse?

"Stupid crow I'm gonna burn you to death!" I screeched as I stopped in my tracks. I thought I was the only one whose a bit dense when it comes to directions, but my crow is the worst! "Don't you know where's left or right?"

"Caw! Right is here!" And the crow flew towards the left. I made a face and sighed.

I'm lucky I was still able to pinpoint the correct direction thanks to my enhanced sense of hearing. It wasn't that hard to fight with demons who aren't even part of the twelve demon moons. It was easy as slicing a cake.

Now back to present. I focused on my breathing as I stood still atop the boulder. I didn't even bother moving a single muscle.